1911Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Felons are prohibited from owning any guns classified as Firearms by ATF. Finished receivers alone is enough for any competent Law Enforcement to hang the Felons out to dry, especially when illegal drugs are in the same place. Ghost Gun is Narrative, not news.
True. They can own a muzzleloader. But not powder. Not even a spent case.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Felons are prohibited from owning any guns classified as Firearms by ATF. Finished receivers alone is enough for any competent Law Enforcement to hang the Felons out to dry, especially when illegal drugs are in the same place. Ghost Gun is Narrative, not news.

Apparently not enough to put Hunter Biden in jail...

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Note they also said they were caught with four assault rifles. The only rifle I saw in the pic was an M1 Garand. I guess all of our 80yo, eight-shot, fixed-magazine, wood-stocked M1s are now considered assault rifles as well.

Well , there is no denying it's a ''weapon of war'' !

That's the other demonizing term Xiden likes.

I guess my 1861 US Springfield is next.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Apparently not enough to put Hunter Biden in jail...
It's pretty sad when we get to the point that the FBI actually refuses to take evidence that someone wants to hand them that would probably be sufficient to get them a major conviction and put a bad guy in prison because it might cost them their job.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
ghost guns have always been LEGAl, NO ONE can prevent you from making your own gun. You cannot legally sell it, transfer it or give it away- no serial number. I guess you could stamp/engrave a number on it like #1 for your first one.. but that could open the door to the BATF knocking on your door...

Reactions: Butthead

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
ghost guns have always been LEGAl, NO ONE can prevent you from making your own gun. You cannot legally sell it, transfer it or give it away- no serial number. I guess you could stamp/engrave a number on it like #1 for your first one.. but that could open the door to the BATF knocking on your door...

Or simply stamp your name , initials , or SSN on it.

·
Premium Member
9,397 Posts
In hours we will know.... DOJ will issue a ruling on 80% receivers a/k/a ghost guns.

But the printed type ghost guns are legal according to a recent decision.

Federal Court ruled last month that plans... blueprints for printed ghost guns can be posted online.

·
Registered
24,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I would really like to know where the government at any level actually has legal grounds to weigh in on something like this for any reason?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts