1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
"Any policeman or soldier who participates in a firearms confiscation is also violating HIS Oath and sworn Duty to the Constitution - and has become an enemy of freedom and the People. Both police and military should flatly refuse to enforce any such law. And citizens should refuse to comply, and demand their Rights be respected. "

I wholeheartedly agree, but watching the current crop of officers in regard to the total bs of the "quarantine/mask/ keeping businesses closed," I fear for the Republic, and the Constitution. They are "following orders," and participating in unlawful arrests, and search warrants, following their Nazi/Demonrat leaders! Several people being arrested for drawing on the "public" sidewalk, gym owners arrested for keeping their business open, the couple charged with defending their property ( McCloskeys) shows that no one is questioning the orders on a Constitutional basis, and are not using discretion.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
.... if every gun owner in America says "NO" and it is obvious the cost is too great, "They" will have to back down. Your call - Freedom, or throw it away because you have become too soft, comfortable and weak to do what your forefathers did. Perhaps they were better men - although, when it matters, I hope not. CC
I know where I stand... and it is against the enemies of our Constitution.

My firearms were not acquired for the purpose of meekly surrendering them to leftists.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My suggestion is buy once, cry once and join the NRA.

If most semi automatic firearms are outlawed, they’re going be a lotta outlaws out there.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
One must distinguish between:

(a) laws enacted by the legislative branch which we might not especially like but that are plausibly not contrary to the Constitution, and

(b) laws enacted by those who abhor the Constitution and which are intended to overturn the Constitution.

Most if us probably agree that the first category of laws should be complied with. Even if it irks us a bit. And if course we should disagree/protest via lawful process.

But the second category, if the extreme leftists should "get their way" via votes by those wholly undeserving of citizenship, is a different matter.

True, there is danger in one person being prosecutor, judge, and jury. This is dangerous and generally inadvisable.

But here, we are not talking about one person. Instead, we are talking about a massive number of people who have lived good lives, who stand for our National Anthem, and respect/salute our flag. Inclusive of many who've served honorably and courageously in our military.

So this is not one person being prosecutor, judge, and jury. Instead, it is a very large number of Patriots who stand for the Constitution.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I don't give a rats WHICH "category" - if you screw with the BOR, the rest of the Constitution isn't even toilet-paper.

Tired of placating and appeasing - hang 'em. Drill 'em. Stomp 'em.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
I am amazed at the instant surrender mentality and lack of understanding of a citizen's duty I see here. And the worry about Money - instead of Rights.

There is a school of thought that when any agents of the Government come for the Citizens Guns, they are violating the plain meaning of the US Constitution. Such a Government, and any Laws written against the Constitution, is illegitimate, and does not need to be obeyed, but resisted, by any means necessary. If you study the legal history of the Second Amendment you will find that the only "ARMS" protected by it are military type arms - not sporting goods. The citizens of the US are allowed by the Second Amendment to "keep and bear" - own and carry - Weapons "of the type in common use at the time" (ARs/semi high cap pistols). This is not about Duck Hunting, kids - but fighting a corrupt, dictatorial government. That's what it is there for.

Any policeman or soldier who participates in a firearms confiscation is also violating HIS Oath and sworn Duty to the Constitution - and has become an enemy of freedom and the People. Both police and military should flatly refuse to enforce any such law. And citizens should refuse to comply, and demand their Rights be respected.

The Second Amendment was written with Tyrants in mind, for just such a day, and just such a Politician, as Biden and the Liberal/Progressive Democrats. That is what it is there for. To actively resist the taking of our Rights. Just as the Founders Generation did at Concord Bridge. Unless we are all cowards.

Your choice is to surrender your Rights and the only safety you can count on from the MOB (have you been watching TV lately??) or to be a CITIZEN and exercise your Right of Resistance to Tyranny. Now is the time to decide if you are a citizen, or a happy but weak subject who is willing to learn to "Do What You Are Told".

Those of you eager to comply with unConstitutional laws are failing all the men and women who fought to give you Your Rights and Freedoms. Once you are disarmed - you will lose the rest of your Freedoms, as well.

But if every gun owner in America says "NO" and it is obvious the cost is too great, "They" will have to back down. Your call - Freedom, or throw it away because you have become too soft, comfortable and weak to do what your forefathers did. Perhaps they were better men - although, when it matters, I hope not. CC
+1911!!!

There are Oath Keepers and Oath Breakers. It is the duty of every Oath Keeper to resist with all possible force the Oath Breakers.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
If it comes to a 10 round magazine requirement as it has in some states already??? The 1911 really shines!

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
My state has ten rd limits for ccw unless at home or at the range a larger mag is ok. We had to register larger mag capacities.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If it comes to a 10 round magazine requirement as it has in some states already??? The 1911 really shines!
Bungling Beto's and Basement Biden's plan is to make you pay $200 tax per year for every semi auto you own and same for every magazine over ten rounds. That can get very expensive for you very fast. 3 1911s will cost you $60 tax per year.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Bungling Beto's and Basement Biden's plan is to make you pay $200 tax per year for every semi auto you own and same for every magazine over ten rounds. That can get very expensive for you very fast. 3 1911s will cost you $60 tax per year.
Meant to say $600 tax per year my bad

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Well, if you're of the belief that Biden will get through the campaign, be elected, pass everything he desires, receive concurrence of the Supreme Court; and if you then consent to gun registration with Biden (typically a thinly veiled prequel to confiscation), then your concerns have merit.

----

You gotta go with what you believe. We all do, and sometimes similarly minded people come to different decisions. Many of us here, myself included, don't see this as the future. Some of us also are asking ourselves what would the Founding Fathers do; and we are electing to follow in their footsteps, not surrendering to a totalitarian regime.

Whatever you choose, you obviously prefer 2A rights to remain intact, same as everyone else here, so we wish that we'll find ourselves on the same pathway soon, if not immediately.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,670 Posts
Well, as a true Viking, I’m wondering why another man calling themselves a Viking would fear something like this. What happened to “from my cold dead hands”? I guess that’s the advantage to having nothing or little to loose. If protecting your stuff takes presidents over your freedom then I shall let a great Americans words.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”......... Samual Adams

I truly understand that there are many concerns but really, without freedoms (we have lost many already) I’m glad I’m not long for this world as I would give up everything I used to have to fight against tyranny. Once your guns are gone things will change drastically. Say hello to those vaccines and implants. Remember that these people what to get rid of a lot of people to save their mother, earth.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Build an 80% gun and big brother doesn't have to know. That's the whole point of them, isn't it?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well, if you're of the belief that Biden will get through the campaign, be elected, pass everything he desires, receive concurrence of the Supreme Court; and if you then consent to gun registration with Biden (typically a thinly veiled prequel to confiscation), then your concerns have merit.

----

You gotta go with what you believe. We all do, and sometimes similarly minded people come to different decisions. Many of us here, myself included, don't see this as the future. Some of us also are asking ourselves what would the Founding Fathers do; and we are electing to follow in their footsteps, not surrendering to a totalitarian regime.

Whatever you choose, you obviously prefer 2A rights to remain intact, same as everyone else here, so we wish that we'll find ourselves on the same pathway soon, if not immediately.
A lot of what you say has merit but there are many ways around controling guns and gun ownership.
One in particular,
the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act the repeal of which would effectively put every firearm manyfacturer out of business in a matter of weeks.
If we have to resort to "burying our guns" in the backyard, the left has effectively accomplished their goal.
The best defense, take ten like minded people to the polls with you come election day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Real simple. I'm old and don't give a @#$% about this gun ban/ tax/ buy back stuff. I'm not going to roll over for any type of registration of my magazines or firearms. I buy what I want and if the time comes, I will not comply.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Real simple. I'm old and don't give a @#$% about this gun ban/ tax/ buy back stuff. I'm not going to roll over for any type of registration of my magazines or firearms. I buy what I want and if the time comes, I will not comply.

:rock: +1911

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
No. Recognize political promises -- particularly in the primaries -- for what they are: pandering to the base.

Not that it really matters to your point, but the $200 stamp is a one-time tax. Not annual.
It is a one time tax, for now. In other countries it started out "Reasonable" and became Unbearable very quickly.

Worse, it is really just a current REGISTRATION of You and Your Firearm to a specific, current address - the money is irrelevant to setting up a confiscation. Without that name and address, they can't begin to believe they can locate all the guns out there.

Most of us have been through buying and selling (frequently in person, no gun shop records) dozens of guns in our lifetime. As long as there is no registration and no requirement to go through a dealer, the exact location of any particular gun is fluid and "I sold it five years ago" or " It was stolen out of my car six months ago" has at least plausible deniability. That is why the Dems want to require every transaction to go through a dealer - chain of custody, Easy Pickup right at your door.

If you allow registration of your weapons, you WILL face a sudden, life altering choice some early morning - Use it Right Now or Lose It...... Safer for you (and me) that these evil tyrants in waiting never can be sure it will work.....

The Founders FACED that Choice at Concord Bridge - and made the right decision -and Freedom was born in the World. If you help the Government take your guns illegally by signing up for it and giving them money (according to the Second Amendment) you are no friend of Freedom, rather, a Traitor to the Constitution - and you just became, at best a subject, at worst a slave. Afterward, when the Mob comes to your house, looking for anyone better off than themselves to lay low and loot, they will do whatever they want to you, your Wife - and your children. And the Left seems to have re-invented Racism with a particular joy in using it against anyone too weak to stop them. CC

21 - 40 of 44 Posts