1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I was a member here a while back, but I could also be smokig crack, that is if crack makes you forget. Anyway, I have a question. I bought a Raging Bull .480 the other day without reviewing any opinions online and without doing a great deal of price checking. It was a spur of the moment purchase I had. I have not shot it yet I still have the 20 rounds I got with it. I am reading very mixed reviews on this gun. What is the deal? Here is what I thought when holding both the SRH and the RB at the same time.

1. The SRH had a tighter cylinder by a bit.

2. The SRH can hold one more shell.

3. The Taurus looks cooler. (preference)

4. The taurus is ported, but with porting comes a shorter barrel.

5. The SRH has a reputation, but it was my impression that the RB series was getting a similar one quickly.

6. The Taurus has dual locking lugs, but that may be cosmetic.

7. Personally I would feel the finishes on both are arguablly the same in looks and holding up.

8. The Taurus has a much better grip whether you like the looks or not.

So I ask you people who know much, what is the deal with the Raging Bull? Is it good bad or indifferent. I am not going to scope it. I will end up with a SRH in a .454 down the road I would imaging for hunting purposes. This is just pack it in the back woods with a vert. holster type gun. (Not that I feel I need it in Utah of course, besides mountain lions I feel much safer in the mountains here than where I grew up). I think it looks fine and the trigger is not half bad either.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You should enjoy the Tarus, and in 480, I think you will never have a problem.. There were concerns about the tarus 454 with such high presures, but all the ones I've seen and shot seem to be doing just fine.. I am more of a fan of the ruger though, but I think thats just because of the cosmetics.. I have decided though, that the 454 is just too much gun for me to handle and still smile afterwards.. As impulse buys go.. I think you did just fine..

·
Registered
233 Posts
both are fantastic

I own the raging bull in 454 casull and the srh in 480 ruger.
I like the styling of the taurus better than the srh,but that also takes into account the target grey finish.
I would prefer the standard blued finish,but I couldnt pass up the deal I got.
both shoot fantastic,the raging bull takes some heavy duty abuse and asks for more,the taurus scope mounts are excellent.
after thousands of rounds my scope stays put.
I have not had to readjust it since I originally installed it.
the 480 ruger is somewhat milder,but the bullets are more expensive than the more common 45 caliber 454.
they are both alot of fun at the range and are quite accurate once you get used to the feel of the guns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts