1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Welcome to 1911forum.

·
Registered
615 Posts
First welcome. Can you post a picture of the complete rifle if it isn't all bubba'd. Looks like you may want a new safety lever.

CD

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Welcome,,, I have two arg rifles in 7.65x53arg. Two ammo cans full of surplus FMJ. Never shot them yet.

Is it a 1891? Need a full pic.? Carbine? Engineer carbine? Long barrel?

You might want to look for it at,, www.carbinesforcollectors.com
Pull up a chair, get your favorite beverage and read, enjoy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Were can I get a safety lever,Oo and thank you all 😊
Hopefully I'll find out what kind and any info on it,I seen the markings on the barrel, but ill halft to take the scope off to see what it says under it.
Gas Wood Bumper Machine Tool
Gas Wood Bumper Machine Tool

·
Registered
23,064 Posts
Scope safeties available from Numrich
and Timney

Numrich costs less, but Timney will be more helpful getting the right part.

I think it is an Argentine 1909 Mauser, '98 type; they were the main users of 7.65 besides Belgium whose rifle was a different model and Turkey who changed over to 8mm.
It has a German bolt sleeve (The whole action might be German with an Argentine barrel installed, have to look for the makers mark or country crest under the front scope mount.), drilled and tapped for scope and peep sights, set into a plastic or painted wood sporter stock I do not recognize, with a Remington trigger guard on the blind magazine stock.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Seeing that’s French, looks to be Belgian.

Is it really an m35 action? Maybe blended/smoothed when sporterized?

[ ed. ah! According to Wikipedia, Argentina bought some m35s for police. Decommissioned them in the ‘60s. Which is a good match for the furniture that looks a ‘70s vibe to me. What model is the ‘scope? ]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

[ ed. ah! According to Wikipedia, Argentina bought some m35s for police. Decommissioned them in the ‘60s. Which is a good match for the furniture that looks a ‘70s vibe to me. What model is the ‘scope? ]
It's a Leopold scope.i don't think the scope it to old per has 7 year old

8512 is all I see on it .not sure what am 35 action is when I got it all I was told it's a 7.65×53 mouser. That's why I'm trying to find out all I can for it 😊and thank you for your time and response.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
It's a Leopold scope.i don't think the scope it to old per has 7 year old
8512 is all I see on it .not sure what am 35 action is when I got it all I was told it's a 7.65×53 mouser. That's why I'm trying to find out all I can for it 😊and thank you for your time and response.
The "model of 1935" Belgian Mauser:

... a 7.65mm Mauser, many of which were sold to Argentina. So far matching your photos and description. The photos show French for:

National Arms Manufacture

Looks as though it's been sporterized. Photos I've seen of m35s show sharper corners. But gunsmiths often improved the cosmetics while sporterizing rifles. And it may be just the lighting. As much re-work as has been done, it could be an earlier version. Your description included "Argentine", though not the basis for that assertion. If there's a provenance for it having been in Argentina, that matches being an m35 ... but lots of Belgian '89s(?) probably ended up in Argentina also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.