1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was an article in the NRA mag on the 1911CMD.
I got the impression from the article that the lower was the same for both the CMD and Full size SR1911.

Is this possible?

·
Registered
385 Posts
As far as overall dimensions, yes, the CMD and full size 1911 are the same but internally there are some differences.
The rear vertical surface (where the barrel lug locks up,) of the frame is slightly different to account for the different timing of the shorter slide/barrel, the commander is the same as the officer internally... a commander slide will fit and function with an officer's frame, (CCO,) and vice versa, but neither will fit properly with the corresponding gov't part

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as overall dimensions, yes, the CMD and full size 1911 are the same but internally there are some differences.
The rear vertical surface (where the barrel lug locks up,) of the frame is slightly different to account for the different timing of the shorter slide/barrel, the commander is the same as the officer internally... a commander slide will fit and function with an officer's frame, (CCO,) and vice versa, but neither will fit properly with the corresponding gov't part
That's what I was looking for.
Seemed too good to be true.
The thought of being able to drop a CMD. Slide on my Full size to carry sounded too good to be true.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts