1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a LNIB Springfield Mil-Spec today for $385 shipped. I am ever so excited. This is my first 1911, and I intend to build it up similar to the Wilson CQB.

So, let the modifications begin. Just thouht I would share.

------------------
No 1911 yet, but saving money, asking questions, researching, and generally annoying everyone I can until perhaps someone buys one for me so I shut up.

· Administrator
17,797 Posts
Well what can one say to that? Other than...ENJOY!

· Registered
901 Posts
$385 here in the PRK, awesome price! Welcome!

You can easily put twice your purchase price into the Springfield, and have a fine gun, worth even more...

My recommendation... Determine what the purpose will be, and build it accordingly. No fancy bells, and whistles, just solid, usable mods, and kept simple, you will have a fine weapon that runs like a Timex... Just keeps going and going!

Enjoy!

Also, there should be another new member from the PRK showing up soon. Ran into him at the local Gunstore, after he purchased a Springfield Compact, though he won't get to play with his new toy for at least 10 more days... It will be his intro to the 1911, and I am quite sure he will enjoy it! In fact, I am betting he sells his Beretta's

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jaydee, where in Sillycon valley are you? I'm up in Napa now. Just moved here a few months ago from San Jose.

This will be a range/nightstand gun. I like the two-tone green/black look of the CQB, so I intend on duplicating that. I want to add a good high-ride beavertail, 4-4.5lb trigger, checkered front strap, S&A magwell, maybe a match barrel & bushing & some good grips. I will probably send it to Novak to do their Reliability & Carry bevel packages.

Should turn out to be a nice pistol.

· Registered
130 Posts
Sounds like you got an excellent deal. The SA Mil Specs are a very good deal and make great shooters. Your mods seem reasonable, but you may want to see what just a bushing can do to your groups and hold off putting in a match barrel -- most SA barrels actually shoot pretty well if they are fit properly to the slide. I personally do not like mag wells on any non competition pistol, especially if it is ever going to be carried, but to each his own. Good shooting.

· Registered
104 Posts
The Springer MilSpec is perfection just as it comes from the factory. I added Cocobolo grips and a Wilson stainless full length guide rod. But it didn't need either.

I have an UltraCompact with all the bells/whistles . . . loaded. Both guns are fine, fine, fine. Each is perfect for what they do.

------------------
What part of "shall not be infringed" needs 'splainin' ???
----------------------------------------------------------------
PowderBurns Black Powder / Muzzle Loader Forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.