1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am soon to join the ranks of the Chuckies.

I decided, after doing research on every available 1911 model and reading just about every post in this forum (thanks guys), to get a CD. I chose the Superior just because I like the look of the 2-tone. I have wanted a 1911 since I first shot one in the Corps (lo, these twenty something years ago...) but never bought one until now. Now I'm going to root around and see if I can figure out what kind of mags to get...

------------------
No Second Place Winner

·
Registered
285 Posts
simple choices for good mags are chip mccormick/shooting star or wilson . anything else is a waste of time and money . i saw blued 8 rd. shooting star/ mccormicks on cdnn site for 9.99 with a base pad .

------------------
S.L. Caldwell
Leathercrafter
Rafter S Gunleather 417-277-5636
www.raftersgunleather.com

·
Registered
233 Posts
welcome to the charles daly family
we are happy to have you join in. and he is right about choice of mags,wilson and cmc are hard to beat. more reliable than oter mags. i have a few surplus mags they seem to work ok.
but wilson and cmc is best. well hope to be hearing range reports. have any questions are need help,now you know where to come

[This message has been edited by james beam (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Registered
9 Posts
AKM,
let us know how it shoots and how well you like it? I'm looking at the Empire ECS in 45 ACP.
Thanks,
Dennis

------------------
"......When they pry my cold dead fingers away from around it."

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. I ordered 4 McCormick mags and a McCormick trigger. I've already got 800 rounds of 230 ball, so I guess I'm set.

------------------
No Second Place Winner

·
Registered
288 Posts
AKM,

You made a fine choice the Superior. I myself couldn't decide whether to get a blued pistol or an SS so I got one that was inbetween. So far I haven't been disappointed in my two-tone. I'm still using the 2 mecgars that came with the pistol. They needed to be broken in the first few hundred rounds but keeping some rounds in them and adding some CLP along the followers path solved the problem. However if I were to buy new mags I heard the CMC shooting stars work well with Dalys.

Good luck and have fun with your new baby.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK it came today. Initial impressions...

Fit and finish are not perfect, but acceptable. Tool marks evident inside the wide serrations on the slide and several interior surfaces. Slide to frame fit is definately military-grade, but then I didn't buy a match pistol. The trigger is going to need some help cause it's pretty bad. I've already ordered a McCormick hammer, sear, and trigger. That's $42 in parts from CDNN. I hope to shoot it tomorrow evening.

------------------
No Second Place Winner

·
Registered
671 Posts
AKM,
When are you going to the range? Hope you'll like your chuck.

malmon,
If you're going to buy extra mags check with clip merchandizing. CMC cost P600 during the gun show. I should have bought 2 or 3.

vega

1 - 8 of 8 Posts