1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I do to make penance? Last week, Saturday, I was at the gun show with my better half and she was very considerate with my longing for a new firearm. She even gave impression on the different Dalies I checked. So I bought a CD in .45 cal and the day was over.

This week, Monday, I fetch my wife at her office but since I was early, I went to a nearby gun store. The owner was there and we chat a little. She told me how big the sales were during the gun show. I told her that 1911 models have more stocks compared to glocks because other gunners complained that they cannot buy glocks during the show. And most dealers carry 1911 models.

She told me that they have a shipment coming and if I want one she'll give it to me at gun show price provided I make a deposit that day. Who would let this pass. Glocks run at $622 during the gun show and new shipment would cost $770.

My first sin, my wife doesn't know about this purchase and my second sin, I have strayed from 1911.

Guess, I'll have to talk with my priest brother and seeks his wordly advise.

BTW, he wants to buy my Bersa .380 and will buy a CD in .45 this coming December and next gun show he will get a Bersa .22. Talk about planning.

vega

·
Registered
711 Posts
vega,

You folks must live right in the Philippines. Around my area guns are much higher priced at the shows. Best deals are in the shops.

Seems a dealer will add 10 to 20% during a gun show (above his shop price) in Illinois USA. Plus all the dealers are too much like used car salesmen, and I hate used car salesmen.

[This message has been edited by Baer1911 (edited 08-10-2001).]

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Baer1911,

Before the gun show we go around different gun shops so that we'll know the current price. Some dealers do cheat on their prices during gun shows. They get away with newbies. I'm always around gun shops so I know the current price.

vega

·
Registered
288 Posts
Gunshows around here usually give a 10% discount from their regular price (or so they say), which is why as Vega said it would be better to know the regular prices first so you can have a bit more haggling leverage.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Vega,

If you really feel so bad about buying the Glock 19, I'd be happy to take it off your hands if it'll make you feel any better.

I'll try to see you later at the Armscor range if I don't get lost that is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts