1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did it. Went in to buy some 10mm ammo and left with a Kimber Rimfire. They had one on consignment. Was told it had never been shot. The guy that bought it only had it for a week. I can't seem to find any signs to lead me to beleive it has been fired. I had been wanting one and it was there for $525. Can't wait to go shoot it in the morning.

hmm, not the clear of a pic. Oh well. I am learning with this pic thing

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put 500 rounds of some Remington .22 hp's through it this morning. Not a single problem. This gun is going to be a great training aid for me. Money well spent. I have been wanting a 1911 that was dedicated to the .22 for this very reaseon, since most of my pistols are 1911's. I am a happy camper. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
$525? Man, one of my dealers wants $895 for his, NIB.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
shooter1201 said:
$525? Man, one of my dealers wants $895 for his, NIB.....:rolleyes:
about 700 is the fair asking price these days...IMO WAY TO MUCH MONEY. 525 is more reasonable. For the 700 kimber dealers ask for these things...i could build up a Marvel Kit gun, or get a sig trailside competition (hammernelli built)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer also had a blued Target that was new for $649

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought a black Target last week for $593. I felt that was a very reasonable price.I got it to the range today and started off using Remingtons in it. It was terrible. It jammed on every single mag. The range is attached to the shop I bought it from, Action Gun Outfitters in Melbourne, Florida and so I was able to get their gunsmith, Steve, to remove one shell that had jammed so bad that we couldn't get the mag to drop to clear the gun. I switched to CCI's on Steve's reccomendation and the problem cleared up. Other than the feeding problem I love the gun, it's a blast to shoot. The guys at Action were great in helping to clear up the problem.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I neglected to mention that while I was there I bought a Team Match that someone had just brought in on consignment. That makes 3 Kimbers in the safe now.

M

·
0 Posts
I held one this evening at the local gun shop. They are WAY light, but WAY expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts