1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finaly got the wifes Trogan in 9mm today. I took it out and put 50 down the barrel, looks like it is going to be a great shooter. There was one problem that I hope will go away after a few more rounds and that is the slide would not return to the fire poaition and needed a bump to close. I do have one question about it that you all may be able to help. Will Gun Scrubber do any damage to the plastic trigger and the plastic main spring housing?
Thanks Keith

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
cowboy1 said:
There was one problem that I hope will go away after a few more rounds and that is the slide would not return to the fire poaition and needed a bump to close.
my edge did that forever untill i sent it back and had them refit the slide/etc. apparently they had one more 9mm edge come back with the same issue...so i think its a problem with a tight gun and the soft recoil spring...:eek:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update

I have now shot a few more rounds 150 or so, and the slide not returning to ready, is starting to go away, only did it twice in 50 rounds, and then as soon as I pushed the mag release button it finished closing. I think the slide is hanging up on the next round in the Mag. Yesterday I took it complety apart and cleanded and relubed everything. While I was at it I set up the jig and hit the sear with the stone. Today I will take it back out for another box of reloads, IF it quits snowing. Buy the way this thing is right dead on, I think I will be needing one soon.
I still would like responces on getting gun scurbber on the plastic parts, also what will it do the the fiber optic front sight?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
what kind of lube are you using?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the rails Wilson grease, and for oil I can't think of the name now.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
"While I was at it I set up the jig and hit the sear with the stone."

Cowboy,

Do you have any idea if STI uses the traditional Colt angle on their sears?
Or did you change it to your preference?

FWIW, my .40 Trojan had a little creep so increased the relief angle a good bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts