1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up a SIG 1911,picture added.

Just yesterday I stumbled into a local gun shop and saw a used GSR sitting on the shelf. Asking price $450. I asked what wiggle room they had and they instantly dropped to $400 plus tax. I think I am lucky. It is in the 1800 SN range. From what I have read those may be the best made with the best parts. It is all stainless and came with 3 mags,the original box and booklet. There are some scuffs on the frame and slide. what is the best way to clean up this type of finish? Has anyone had any luck with polishing either the frame or slide?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I shot it at the gun range where I bought it. They let me shoot 20 rounds. 7 through 2 mags and 6 through the other.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
BRAVESTAR
you need to get on your knees and beg forgiveness for stealing that pistol:biglaugh:
WHAT A GREAT DEAL

SIGS are GREAT 1911's though non traditional in appearence - they are really built well. I have 3 of umm. and love umm. VERY accurate and mine run 100%.

Now for the scratches. I would recommend a good gun smith (about $80.00)to bead blast the pistol and brush polish the flats on the slide you will have one SWEET looking GOOD performing SIG 1911:rock:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Bravastar,

Man, you did get a good deal. $400 for any SIG is GREAT! I own 2 Sig GSR's and love them both.

I believe SIG GSR's are the best kept secret in the 1911 world. The gun has no MIM parts, great stock trigger pulls, and very high quality. In fact, between my Kimbers and Sigs, I prefer my Sigs for some reason.

I have not had any issues with my external extractor on my Sigs or any other problems. Besides from the exterior looks, they are just as good or better than any other manufacturers.

Your low serial number is good. Good luck with your Sig. Post a picture will you!?!?!

Check out these threads!

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=187649

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=183991

·
Registered
274 Posts
There are some scuffs on the frame and slide. what is the best way to clean up this type of finish? Has anyone had any luck with polishing either the frame or slide?
Not sure if a warranty is transferable, but I would send it to sig to have it cleaned up.

yes you stole that.

BAK

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took it out to the range yesterday and put 100 rounds through it. Not one problem and it sure is accutate,way better that I am. I will try to post a pic in a few days. The best part-I didn't even have to wear a ski mask when I bought it.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Man you did great! I'm sitting here green with envy and simply amazed they sold that gun at $400 + tax! Un-friggin-believable:bawling: I never come across deals like that. I'm not a external extractor fan but at that price for a quality gun who could walk away from it? Enjoy it and good luck.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
That is a REALLY sweet deal!!! Nice looking Sig! I love those Novak mags.

I'm telling you guys, SIG 1911's are surprisingly nice. I hated the external extractor until I bought mine- that was the last time I cared about it. I am just seriously impressed with SIG GSR's. I just don't understand why they don't get recognized more!?!?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts