1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do they stack up to S&W the "King" of revolvers? How about Ruger the lesser prince of the revolver world? Then there is Taurus, perhaps the unassuming jester?

Where is Dan Wesson in the mix?

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
You asked about their revolvers...

When you have to have more than one bullet through the same hole....Dan Wesson

When you need to knock over the steel at long ranges....Dan Wesson

When you need a weapon that can be changed to a different barrel length, style and even grips every day of the week....Dan Wesson

When you need a weapon built stout enough to not shoot loose with heavy loads, or stout enough to use as a club when you run out of ammo....Dan Wesson

When you want a gun that is less than common because it was ahead of it's time and some people just did not get it....Dan Wesson.

Can you guess I am a fan from way back?

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
I have an older DW 15-2 357 Magnum with a 6" VH barrel and a 744 44 Magnum with an 8" VH barrel. Accuracy is outstanding and I think a lot of it has to do with the barrel assembly being under tension at both ends!!!:rock:

My DW revolvers are every bit as good as my S&W 29-2!!!:rock:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dan Wesson is the best of the bunch, IMO. Older original ones made in Monson, MA and new ones made by CZ-owned Dan Wesson Arms are the best. From what I hear ones made in Palmer, MA can be of lesser quality, but I'm sure they weren't all bad. This link has a ton of good information on their revolvers and company history. http://www.notpurfect.com/main/dwrev.htm

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
There is a revolver sub-forum here on the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.