1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought me a Kimber Eclipse Custom II for Christmas and I am wanting a holster for field and range use. I would like to keep the price tag under $75.00. I won't be concealing this pistol and want an OWB. I also want leather. I generally prefer the closed end holsters. Of course I want a secure holster that will prevent the pistol from falling out.

I know there are many threads on this forum and others about holster selection, but I wanted to get recommendations on my criteria and budget.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
For OWB I carry my 1911 in a El Paso Saddlery Tortilla holster. Only catch is that its not closed end. With the heavy underbrush in my area, I usually end up carry a revolver in a flap holster in the woods.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Check out 5 shot leather. John just made an owb holster for me. Mine was more than $75, but I got some fancy trim. I think the starting price for an owb is $75 to $85 and it is one great holster. I couldn't be happier.

The downside is you will have to wait a while, but this is true of all the top shelf makers.

·
Premium Member
5,968 Posts
svahle said:
[M]y criteria and budget.
Galco FBI tilt (not closed on the end but it does extend past the muzzle). I like it for daily carry. Should run about $65.

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
open mind

Blade-Tech offers an injection-molded holster for $17.95 on their site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Leather

Don Hume makes good holsters at very reasonable prices. Not a custom deluxe, but a wide selection of leather holsters. I use the JIT slide for range and carry, but they have some level two holsters and a good variety with more coverage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts