1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS:GUNNUTS HERE,2 things,1st I'm swapping out my plastic mainspring housing on one of my colts"commbat commander XS"Is there any thing I should know, like holding the gripsafty in or have the hammer back when installing the housing?2nd anybody use wilson shockbuffers in there commander's?I carry with 185 gr. +P's in it sometimes 200gr. +P's I do not shoot alot of +P's through it,But they do group to point of aim and I like to carry +P's. thanks alot

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I need a little help

I had been told that about you

If your not familiar with the guts of the 1911, take some masking tape and tape down the grip safety in place. Leave the hammer down as it will be easier to push the new one in and also replace the pin.

The commander length gun does not come back as far on the frame. the shock buff limits the travel even more. Personally for cary I would not use one. that is opinion.

geo ><>

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS GEORGE,How is everything at EGW ?One of these days I'm going to have you build me a COLT CCO type carry gun,right now I have to many toys on order,I live just north of Harrisburg,your place is not that far to pick it up. thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts