1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been carrying a Para C7.45 LDA (Officers) pistol for a couple of years and I've decided its the ideal sized gun for me. Now, I'd like to buy a similar sized single action gun and I've decided the Springfield Ultra Compact PX9161L is the gun for me. Except for the tacky finger-grooved rubber grips but I'll change those before I fire it.

Here's the dilemma. I'm long on getting a new gun but short on cash and I need to find the best bargain. I'd prefer an on-line store and a credit card sale but I'm open to any decent ideas. I'd even buy a good shape used gun from a reliable manufacturer but would prefer the Springfield. Please note that I will not buy a ported gun.

I'd appreciate if you could recommend a website, gun store, dealer or individual who is selling a gun as I am looking for at a reasonable price.

Prefer Officers sized Springfield Ultra Compact PX9161L but will consider:

All stainless (including frame) .45 ACP Officers Model from reputable manufacturer. Please, no 3 inch guns, no porting, no lightweight frames.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Always the best place to start (and finish) is Steve at Scottsdale Gun Center. 480-874-1383

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to Steve at Scottsdale Guns and I like his attitude. He quoted me a price slightly better than I had been given but his attitude was a convincing factor.

I thought the Springfield Ultra Compact was all stainless steel but Steve tells me it is made entirely of UnobTanium. Evidently, there haven't been any available anywhere since about March. He said he will inquire of Springfield when they might be having a production run and he will let me know.

If, and when, they become available; I will probably buy from Steve. By the way, I told him he was highly recommended by this Forum.

·
Registered
404 Posts
This interesting :scratch:. I just bought a Springfield Ultra Compact PX9161L a few weeks ago. The dealer here had to order it. He had it the next day with no problems. Also when I was doing research I emailed Springfield and was told the by them the frame and slide was stainless steel. They did not say anything about UnobTanium. Either way I love mine and look forward to my weekend range time:D

·
Registered
397 Posts
unobtanium??? isn't that the marketing-driven name that Oakley uses for their sunglass frame material?? seriously, go look it up on oakley's site.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts