1911Forum banner

I ordered a new extractor spring for my hi power today

809 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  crougeux 
#1 ·
I ordered a new extractor spring for my hi power today from brownells and they said I'd have it in 7-10 days,any chance I could get it sooner? I'am gonna have my smith install the new spring and clean out any grease/debris that may also be in the grove the extractor rides in.

Hopefully this will fix my extraction woes then this baby will be off to mac's restoration for a gunkote treatment,then I will have another fine hi power for ccw use. I'll be sure to post a range report in the range reports forum sometime next week thanks to all you guys who helped out on this.

#2 ·
I'm pretty sure that is your problem. I have a FEG that did the same thing when i first bought it and I took it to my gunsmith and he made me a new extractor spring and now it works great! I also replied to your post over at fnhipower. I never bought anything off of brownells before so I don't know if you'll recieve it sooner. I hope you do get it fixed!

crougeux

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.