1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having trouble with a Kahr PM40 a while ago. They sent me (free) a new recoil spring, which improved the performance but I still had trouble. I told them that I figured it was because my hands were large (could only get a finger and a half or two fingers at best on the grips) so I figured the gun was jumping around in my hand (slipping) too much to give a stable firing platform.

Well - I was impressed when I got an email back from Kahr saying that they wanted to make their customers happy and offered to trade me the PM40 for a PM9. I would have taken then up on it had I not already done the trade at a local gunshop that I frequent.

I was impressed with that level of customer service. :rock:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got the P40....

It was the last gun I got b/f my pro carry II and it is fine weapon. I think it is the best concealed carry gun made IMO.

I looked at those mini glocks and millenniums but I like the fact that the Kahr was single stack and full length.

The sad thing is when I got my pro carry my P40 was cast aside at least until I start jonesing for some .40 cal.:rock:

·
Administrator
79,229 Posts
I'm not too keen on these tiny little mighty-mites. The 9mm P9 is a hair smaller than the P40, holds an extra round, recoils less, is potentially more reliable, and will also probably last a lot longer. All you get with the P40 is a theroetical edge in stopping power, and probably slight if that. The 9mm has always gotten a bad rap as a weakling, which I find pathetic especially if you talk to Europeans about the caliber. The only way you can go wrong with a 9mm is to carry FMJ in it, and I doubt anybody here is that stupid.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
dsk said:
I'm not too keen on these tiny little mighty-mites. The 9mm P9 is a hair smaller than the P40, holds an extra round, recoils less, is potentially more reliable, and will also probably last a lot longer. All you get with the P40 is a theroetical edge in stopping power, and probably slight if that. The 9mm has always gotten a bad rap as a weakling, which I find pathetic especially if you talk to Europeans about the caliber. The only way you can go wrong with a 9mm is to carry FMJ in it, and I doubt anybody here is that stupid.
I agree. With modern ammo the 9mm is not a bad option.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
While I really like my PM9, I would likely be just as happy with a PM40. A 9mm may expand, but a .40 won't shrink, either. I just figured the 9 would be lighter in the pocket, and I could use up all that spare 9mm I have laying around...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks for the report. I've actually been considering one, but haven't decided yet. It's nice to know the [company] stand behind their product.

Note: Edited to remove the "inflammatory" part so as not to let the thread digress. Sorry for those I offended.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Glad to hear they were willing to work with you. My P9 has never let me down. I considered the 40 but I knew the recoil of the 40 can be punishing in a small light weight gun. After shooting 50 rounds through my P9, my hand gets a little sore. And I have strong hands. If you carry a decent self defense round, there is nothing wrong with a 9mm.

Mamba Jack, the Moonies have nothing to do with Kahr. It has been discussed here before. Religion has nothing to do with choosing a reliable self defense gun.

·
Registered
56 Posts
glad to hear it, my 2 Kahrs havent let me down yet but good to know if they do Kahr will take care of me.

G

·
While number one in my heart will always be a 1911, especially my SDS Lightweight, but sometimes it's just too much to conceal on my thin frame. I bought a PM9 and loved it so much, I sold it to buy a PM40. Both have been great carry guns with excellent reliablity and accuracy after the recommended 250 rounds through it for break-in. It's a handfull, but nothing uncontrollable by any means. Much more accurate than you'd expect for such a small package.
JMHO

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had

some problems with my K9, and to their credit....Kahr made them right. Poor accuracy, and jamming problems. I sent it back to them, and they fixed it. New barrell, new springs. It was fine then. I still sold it, and bought and SW 442.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.