1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got half of my order of 5000 Cast LSWC 45ACP. I placed the order on 12/5/2013 an got them yesterday Monday 12/9/2013. That is some very fast turn around time. The bullets looked good.
I thought it was the whole order then did a count and it was half. I had a note from the mail person that it was a heavy order and they did two boxes and expected me to go to the Post Office to get the rest. I called the P.O. and asked why and they said it was because they were heavy. I asked if they were over the 70 pounds and they said no. I asked if the policy was the same if it it in a priority bx and was less than 70 pounds they should ship and deliver. I explained I just had surgery and can not lift more than 10 pounds. It was strange that they delivered two boxes and not the other two. It was the first time I had purchase 8,000 bullets at once but it is there job to deliver. They said they will bring them tomorrow. I did not get nasty or say that the brown truck never complains and they make a profit verses the other carriers but I just was being nice and place stupid. That is easy for me....
here are some photo's. Each box has 500 not 1000.

All the military cans are full of loaded 45ACP, 9mm 357, 380 so I will not load these until next fall.

Here was the new Dolly that will carry up to 250 pounds to take to the rand until I heal up a little better.

for under $30.00 it will be great at the range to take ammunition and another bag or my steel bullseye shooting box that holds 3 1911 with optics and a small spotting scope. It is a nice nice tool for me as I am transferring from a walker wheel chair and now I do not even need a cane.
Here is the dolly folded up flat and small for being able to handle 250 pounds.

This was a great tool for Walmart to have. It would be the last place I would look. I was looking for shipping boxes and stumbled onto the Dolly

Here is a lot of once fired and new cleaned brass all ready to go.

Here are some 230 grain FMJ that I did not even know I had. It is mixed between Zero and Montana Gold.

I was trying to figure how many rounds were in a bx. I was using my scale from when I lived in China. They only sold metric there.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Must be nice. I'm still waiting on a shipping notice for my measly 2500 Plated HP's and RN from Xtreme / Freedom :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
The postal carrier that delivers to my address hates me! lol.

She stopped delivering them and I had to pick them up at the post office. I would't have complained about it execpt the close before I get home from work and that means that I have to wait until between 0900 and 1100 on a Saturday to get my boolits. She even lied about no body being home on her little slips. I started tracking the shipments and made arrangements for someone to be there on delivery days. She still put the slip in my mailbox. I had a friend sitting out front in a lawn chair once waiting and she put a slip in the box saying no one was home.
So I talked to the Postmaster and he said he would make sure they got delivered.
Now I am not a spitful person but I ordered 2k of 200 g LSWC 5 days in a row so she would have to drop them off. Now she just puts them on the front step. lol

·
Registered
7,261 Posts

She stopped delivering them and I had to pick them up at the post office. I would't have complained about it execpt the close before I get home from work and that means that I have to wait until between 0900 and 1100 on a Saturday to get my boolits. She even lied about no body being home on her little slips. I started tracking the shipments and made arrangements for someone to be there on delivery days. She still put the slip in my mailbox. I had a friend sitting out front in a lawn chair once waiting and she put a slip in the box saying no one was home.
So I talked to the Postmaster and he said he would make sure they got delivered.
Now I am not a spitful person but I ordered 2k of 200 g LSWC 5 days in a row so she would have to drop them off. Now she just puts them on the front step. lol
Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't want to see my lady mail carrier have to carry a 60+ lb. box to the front door. She's not exactly a young woman either. I don't care if an ability to lift and carry up to 70lbs is in her job description. That said, I would be ticked off as well if the carrier just "lied" about it and never tried to deliver, just stuck a note in the mail box. I still wouldn't place consecutive, daily orders just to "torture" or teach her a lesson. But again, maybe it's just me ;)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

I had the same issue with my mail man. It wasn't just bullets (which I understand) but all packages. I complained a cpl times at the PO but it never worked until I went in and signed a official complaint form.

To make a long story short he surprised me two days ago knocking on the door in a down pour to hand deliver my two new MS holsters. Now to be fair since the formal complaint he normally just pulls up and blows the horn and I come out but with the rain and a movie playing I didn't hear him. It made me feel a lil different about him after the rain. Might have to slip him a Christmas gift now. :)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
After I saw her struggling up with a package with 2K .45s, I told the nice lady who brings my mail to leave it on the driveway and I got get it with a hand truck. Never had a problem with the PO refusing to deliver though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't want to see my lady mail carrier have to carry a 60+ lb. box to the front door. She's not exactly a young woman either. I don't care if an ability to lift and carry up to 70lbs is in her job description. That said, I would be ticked off as well if the carrier just "lied" about it and never tried to deliver, just stuck a note in the mail box. I still wouldn't place consecutive, daily orders just to "torture" or teach her a lesson. But again, maybe it's just me ;)
It has nothing to do with the job description.

The reason I did it was because she lied to the postmaster and myself not only about no one being there, but that the dogs were out. BS they are always in a kennel unless I am in the yard with them, and on top of that I have a fenceless kennel out front that does not allow them to get to the road, driveway or front door when they are out.

Like I said "I started tracking the shipments and made arrangements for someone to be there on delivery days". My son in law would have gladly helped with the box. The truth of the matter is that she is a very rude, lazy woman probably in her late 20's with a terrible attitude about her job.

The postal carrier before was also a woman, really nice, polite and courteous. Myself and neighbors never had a problem with her. Not the same case with the new one. I am not the only one who has had troubles.

Laudanum, thank you for putting me in check, I really should not have treated rude behavior in kind. I think I will make arrangements with the postmaster to have someone pick my orders up at the post office from now on. I really am a pretty nice guy;) Just do not care for lazy liars. ;)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I've had exactly the same problem with my mail carrier. A call to the local postmaster and the supervisor brought the delivery to my house that the carrier refused to deliver because "it was too heavy". The "one rate" boxes up to 70# is killing the USPS. I'm not sure they knew what they were getting into when they did that.

The problem is, I'm not the one that agreed to that carrier contract, they are. I don't care if they have to get a special delivery driver to deliver all those "heavy" boxes, I'm not driving to the Post Office to pick them up. :(

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
It has nothing to do with the job description.

The reason I did it was because she lied to the postmaster and myself not only about no one being there, but that the dogs were out. BS they are always in a kennel unless I am in the yard with them, and on top of that I have a fenceless kennel out front that does not allow them to get to the road, driveway or front door when they are out.

Like I said "I started tracking the shipments and made arrangements for someone to be there on delivery days". My son in law would have gladly helped with the box. The truth of the matter is that she is a very rude, lazy woman probably in her late 20's with a terrible attitude about her job.

The postal carrier before was also a woman, really nice, polite and courteous. Myself and neighbors never had a problem with her. Not the same case with the new one. I am not the only one who has had troubles.

Laudanum, thank you for putting me in check, I really should not have treated rude behavior in kind. I think I will make arrangements with the postmaster to have someone pick my orders up at the post office from now on. I really am a pretty nice guy;) Just do not care for lazy liars. ;)
It wasn't a criticism of you. I understand you being PO'd because of her lies and I would have been as well. My point was that I, personally, couldn't have done that to my mail lady, even if she did to me what yours did to you. Not necessarily because it would be rude or because she didn't deserve it. Just because I couldn't do that to, in the case of my mail lady, a woman who I know would have either been unable to carry the boxes or end up really hurting if she did manage it. If it were a male mail carrier or a burly, power lifter looking female ... all sympathy and mercy out the window. :D

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Mail man is a man and he is just a big baby. The box he delivered today had 2000 200 grain LSWC. He had it in the Fiberglass totes. He is jut a cry baby and wants to do as little as possible. If it was a female carrier it would be different but this guy just wants to deliver postcards not any heavy packages.
I would respect a woman but this guy needs to earn his respect. I know the post office is not a government job but he acts like it is and wants to get the good pay they make and to have it as easy as possible.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
My mail lady is a little skinny woman but she puts them on the porch every time.

·
Registered
761 Posts
My postman hand loads himself. He understands, sometimes ask where I ordered the shipment. Got too love it.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts