1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a shooter on my squad the other day during a local IDPA match I was attending and he had this really neat looking 1911. I could not quite tell what is was only that it looked like a real quality piece. Except for all of the cheap Chinese aftermarket parts he had swapped out all over the gun. So after the match I asked him to show it to me, well let me tell you my jaw almost dropped to the floor when I saw what it was... It was a Turnbull 1911, now I do not know much about these guns except they are very expensive and have very tight tolerances and are exact replicas of the original John Browning design 1911. But this fella had decided removed all of the factory stuff and added all aftermarket cheap parts. Well after looking it over some more. I kindly complimented him on his gun and thanked him for showing it to me.

I just thought it strange to see such a fine gun turned into a franken gun... Oh well to each his own.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Hopefully it was nothing that couldn't be fixed by swapping back the original parts.

·
Premium Member
13,769 Posts
There was a shooter on my squad the other day during a local IDPA match I was attending and he had this really neat looking 1911. I could not quite tell what is was only that it looked like a real quality piece. Except for all of the cheap Chinese aftermarket parts he had swapped out all over the gun. So after the match I asked him to show it to me, well let me tell you my jaw almost dropped to the floor when I saw what it was... It was a Turnbull 1911, now I do not know much about these guns except they are very expensive and have very tight tolerances and are exact replicas of the original John Browning design 1911. But this fella had decided removed all of the factory stuff and added all aftermarket cheap parts. Well after looking it over some more. I kindly complimented him on his gun and thanked him for showing it to me.

I just thought it strange to see such a fine gun turned into a franken gun... Oh well to each his own.
I have two Turnbull manufacturers guns - which are absolutely marvelous (I am using this word a lot lately because I am listening to Trump often ;-)). I have the WW1 1911 replica, and a38s commander. They are both proverbial tack-drivers...Mine are not changed from factory new.

Sounds awful what he did, what kind of cheap parts did he add, btw.
C.A.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I've never actually seen a gun part 1911 part that was made in china. I have seen plenty made in Israel though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts