1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shells ejected great but it would not feed that well and every time It would not feed I would have to pull back on the slide a little to get the round to go in. It did this with mag that came with it and also a Springfield Armory standard mag that I borrowed. The Wilson combat mag I borrowed fed very reliable. I fired 150 rounds through it. I fired 14 rounds trough it with the Wilson mag. Does this sound like a mag problem or worse. thanks. I fired all ball 230. What would be a good mag for this weapon?thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
500 Posts
I just replaced the recoil spring in my HS because I was having a similar issue. A few times the round would not chamber completely with a fresh mag, so I had to push the slide forward with my thumb. I put the spring next to a new Kimber spring and it was off by an inch, with a lot of wear on the end.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have also been reading that the HI standard Mag are POS. I think one guys some where(on this forum) had his break a part after a few rounds. I will be purchasing some chip MC mags, the wilsons feel nice and are high quality but spending 35+ for one mag, I think is a bit much. and the Chips get good reviews

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
the mag which comes with my HS(picking up on Saturday)says COLT on the bottom, i have yet to shoot it though. i got some Chip power mags in the mail just in case. i'll be ordering some shooting star mags soon.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I just replaced the recoil spring in my HS because I was having a similar issue. A few times the round would not chamber completely with a fresh mag, so I had to push the slide forward with my thumb. I put the spring next to a new Kimber spring and it was off by an inch, with a lot of wear on the end.
Did the new spring clear up your problem? Did you replace with standard 16# or go stonger, ie: 17, 18.5?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Check your extractor tension, proper tension is needed for feeding as well as extraction.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wouldn't be replacing any parts just yet if it's a new gun. Get on the phone and get with customer service & ask them what they would like to do about the issue you have.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Did the new spring clear up your problem? Did you replace with standard 16# or go stonger, ie: 17, 18.5?
Feed problems have been cleared up with a standard weight Kimber compact spring. It feels much tighter, and I need to do a live fire test before I can say it is completely solved. My fear now is that with a new spring, I will have problems cycling between shots. Needles to say, I'm not carrying it around until I know I can count on more than just the first shot.:(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mauser i had a similar problem when i first got mine.
1st thing to check is lube my HS was very finicky on lube for the first 300 rounds or so lightly lube the rails.

2 If your HS is as tight as mine out of the box you will need at least another 100-200 rounds to loosen her up.

After the 300 round mark and figuring out exactly how much lube to use my runs like a dream too much or too little lube caused it to hang as well as needing more rounds to break it in. If she still causes you problems after that then it sounds like a mag issue altho like another said a new wolf spring may be in order.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts