1911Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well...the slide and frame are SA..the rest is Miller Custom!!!

Just got this one from Bob at www.millercustom.com

My only mistake was having Bob only build me one, I should have had Bob do a second one up just like the first in Black T with night sights....here it is

Bob is the man!!:rock: But my photo skills suck and do not do this gun justice

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Much Better Pics

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Very cool man! What kind of sights are those?
The rear is a Yost-Bonitz Retro (they are now Heirloom Precision) and the front is a Gold bead by Scott Mulkerin of SDM Fabricating

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow... thats amazing!

There is something so expressive in the artists work through perfectly mastered, flawless simplicity. The lines, the flow, seem ordinary in flavor. But at a deeper glance it enduces an array of emotions.

Beatiful piece!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New pics with Larry Davidson G10 grips

About 800 rounds through and my constant companion on duty. This is by far the best 1911 I've owned and that is saying quite alot (I've owned quite a few 30+)

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
So what color is it, Black, Tan, or Grey? I know you said it had a Black T finish, but what does it really look like in normal light?

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks pretty nice.

What all did you have done and what did it run you?
Kart Barrel
EGW massaged thick bushing and smooth recoil plug
SDM gold bead front sight
Heinie trigger
Yost Bonitz retro rear sight
Heinie Magwell
Brown Grip Safety
C&S thumb safety
EGW fire control parts
Kimber slide stop
Yost Bonitz plunger tube
3.5 LB. trigger
Brown Hardcore extractor
Brown extended ejector
Ball cuts
American Borders
25 LPI front checkering
Legacy MSH flat and arched both 25 LPI
Extra slide stop

With Bob's generous LEO discount the base gun, aftermarket parts (only thing SA is the slide and frame), and Bob's work ...in the same ballpark as a limited production maker (Baer, RRA, Brown)....I've owned a bunch of high end 1911's this thing blows any of those away.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Beautiful. One question... I love the design of the Heine magwell, but I don't care for the grips extended down onto it. Every pic I see of the Heine magwell has some form of those extended grips. Can you just use flat-bottom grips made for any other magwell, and not have the grips extend down?

Miller does great work, and really seems to be an up-and-comer on the LTW forums. That's a really, really nice looking gun.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beautiful. One question... I love the design of the Heine magwell, but I don't care for the grips extended down onto it. Every pic I see of the Heine magwell has some form of those extended grips. .
It would be possible to have the grips flush with the top of the funnel ...I may try and cut a set to fit that way...why not it might look good/better.

I'll post pics after the mod

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well...the slide and frame are SA..the rest is Miller Custom!!!

Just got this one from Bob at www.millercustom.com

My only mistake was having Bob only build me one, I should have had Bob do a second one up just like the first in Black T with night sights....here it is

Bob is the man!!:rock: But my photo skills suck and do not do this gun justice
Sexy bitch. What time should I have her home, Pap?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Beautiful. One question... I love the design of the Heine magwell, but I don't care for the grips extended down onto it. Every pic I see of the Heine magwell has some form of those extended grips. Can you just use flat-bottom grips made for any other magwell, and not have the grips extend down?

Miller does great work, and really seems to be an up-and-comer on the LTW forums. That's a really, really nice looking gun.
I have a Morris Mag well and it is really similar. The grips are normal leanth grips relieved to fit the magwell.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts