1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Here's where I am on safe Queens-

You can only hold on to it for as long as you live. Best case. We worry about losing it to an evidence locker or damaging it but if you keep it in the safe the best case is that it lasts as long as you. After that you don't know how the next person will value it. I expect at some point down the line it'll get discarded or destroyed. Nothing lasts forever. Do you want to be the one to enjoy it and use it or would you rather hold on to it for the next person who may or may not care for it?

It's also a little like saving your hot girlfriend for the next guy.

Or also think of it this way - how many expensive cars do you see on the road? Even a cheap car costs more than a nice 1911. At best you maybe get ten years out of them. Would you think it rationale to just keep a car in the garage and not use it? I know some people do collect those.

At the end of the day, it's your property. You do with it whatever you want and don't need anyone's permission to do with it as you will.

Nice gun btw! I'd shoot it.

·
Super Moderator
15,610 Posts
"...........sitting in a dark safe several years........"??????

That's bordering on criminal. Shoot the blasted thing!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Agreed! I have nine of them, some Supergrades and some that are prototypes of new models - they ALL get shot! Shoot the darn thing and enjoy it while you are alive.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I say OH HELL NO!!!!!!!! Ship it to my FFL and I'll do it for you. No sense in putting back in the dark corner of your safe when you're done. I'll put it in my holster on my hip.:cool: Of course you should shoot it. That's what it was made for.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
You paid for it. I don’t like quoting a witch, but the witch told Jess-Bell on The Twilight Zone, “take what you paid for”. S4 E7, it has a young James Best, it’s my favorite episode.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
If you don't enjoy shooting a gun you own at some point someone else will . Shoot your guns !

·
Registered
13,879 Posts
I'm still wrapping my head around the idea if it's being "old"

I have two "new" cars right now. A '
''50 Chrysler & a 1947 Ford.

I think Wilson STARTED production in the mid 1970's. Or as it is in MY book, essentially last Thursday. So picker's 1911 has got to be a lot more recent than that.

Also, I 100% concurs with everyone here: Shoot That Gun!

·
Premium Member
5,497 Posts
Agreed! I have nine of them, some Supergrades and some that are prototypes of new models - they ALL get shot! Shoot the darn thing and enjoy it while you are alive.
Can I have one?

Reactions: Grandpas50AE

·
Super Moderator
15,610 Posts
I'm still wrapping my head around the idea if it's being "old"

I have two "new" cars right now. A '
''50 Chrysler & a 1947 Ford.

I think Wilson STARTED production in the mid 1970's. Or as it is in MY book, essentially last Thursday. So picker's 1911 has got to be a lot more recent than that.

Also, I 100% concurs with everyone here: Shoot That Gun!
Bill started the company in 1977, so in 6 years it will be a 50th anniversary. Agreed that his (picker's) 1911 is more recent than that, it looks to be close to the year of my first Wilson, a 2012 gun.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Its not a gun unless it goes bang.

Its a paperweight.

IMHO Disrespectful to all the people who put effort into building it if it does not get shot.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts