1911Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
What say you ? Take her to the range and let her stretch her wings, after sitting in a dark safe several years.
To the range and we'll like to see the Range Report and pictures.

I loved the gold dot front sight. I got a gold dot on my Colt Commander.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
What's with the magwell and grips?

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
beat it like a redheaded step child. who cares about what it maybe worth 10 years after your dead. seriously they are built for heavy use. colts are for collecting.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
What say you ? Take her to the range and let her stretch her wings, after sitting in a dark safe several years.
There is another option, Sell it! I'm sure there atre several here willing to take it off your hands and do the shoot'n for you! 😁

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Im trying to remember I think I got it in 2013 there about, yes magwell is Wilsons work, I forget exactly what all I ordered nothing unusual the one thing that sticks in my mind is Turn Bull bluing.
Anyway thanks men for the advice I will get started loading some 45 ACP this evening and take her to the range.
Best/Picker

·
Premium Member
5,950 Posts
Never understood having a gun and just letting it sit in the safe. All my Wilson’s get shot, a lot!

Take it out to the range and let it do what it was meant to do.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Here's where I am on safe Queens-

It's also a little like saving your hot girlfriend for the next guy.
Oh, my. I’m taking out all my “safe queens” and getting them dirty tonight!! Don’t tell my wife:censored:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I try not to get into safe queens. I decided several years ago that when I got NIB safe queens I would off them and use proceeds for hi condition shooters.

·
Registered
96 Posts
A Safe Queen to me is a NIB gun that is no longer made. They are worth more to collectors and if you pull the trigger it’s a used gun. Might as well sell for premium price and buy a nice used one. I’ve only got 2 presently and selling them. I made a mistake on S&W m24. I had one 95% that I shoot and one NIB. I sold the used one. Now I got NIB m24 and no shooter.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Boresnake the cobwebs outa the barrel, hit it with some lube and then go shoot it until you have blistered up hands.

I throughly enjoy shooting them all.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts