1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at picking up a TLE model that was new in Feb '03. I thought the TLE model came with an external extractor?
I had the ability to test fire the TLE which was nice and accurate. The trigger breaks at 4lbs and the sights are well regulated.
Having Wilson pistols makes me appreciate the beefier beavertail grip safety. I think this TLE could be that much better with a thicker grip safety installed.
All in all, I am very impressed with the TLE (and it is not the RL).
The finish has worn pretty quickly for a gun that isn't really that old. Does anyone out there know if Kimber would refinish guns under some type of warranty or? The wear appears to be all over the gun (and it WAS taken good care of by the previous owner). Usually you see holster wear, but this is wear pretty much over the whole thing.... Kind of strange.
Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
The very first TLEs' had the internal extractors. To some this is more desirable partly based on their experiences and what they have heard. You said the trigger was good and the sights were POA which is certainly good. Did it extract reliably? If so good and be happy. I don't think Kimber will refinish it for you for free. If you do have Kimber refinish it for you I suggest the KimPro finish as it is more durable than blue. If the price is right I suggest buy it. Good shooting.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the gent who is selling the TLE and he has afforded me the chance to shoot the gun. I told him I don't deal well with guns that malfunction. I have had the opportunity to fire about 200 rounds thru the gun so far and have had ZERO malfunctions with the gun. It is a very accurate handgun (as accurate as my ability to shoot anyway).
I will probably be picking this gun up, as the price is reasonable.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Hello WilsonCQB,
Glad to hear the price is reasonable. Hope to find a TLE someday myself with the internal extractor. You can go to the Kimber site and see how much their Custom Shop would charge to refinish it for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts