1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a really nice rifle, a Sig Sauer RM400 with a Trijicon Red Dot.

Maybe I should have kept the Trijicon optics and sold that on Ebay? I paid more than $500 for that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I expect these events in CA or in the northeast. But in my own state of Florida?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
That was foolish of you. I sold my AR10 to a guy with an accent who called himself Juan Valdez. He didn't actually have any ID but he had a REALLY nice BMW and a lot of gold jewelry, so why would he lie? Anyway, he offered me 25,000 bitcoins and I couldn't pass it up. He did say he'd have to bring those to me later, because he doesn't just carry that much bit coin with him, which is understandable, 'cause even 25,000 dimes would be really heavy and need a lot of really strong bags. I'm really excited because people been telling me how bitcoins keep going up in value on a daily basis and with that many, if I hold onto them for a couple years, I could have enough to retire to Argentina or Guatemala or some other exotic tropical paradise with beaches and umbrella drinks.

I can't believe I got so LUCKY! I NEVER get lucky on things like this.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Kinda got me.

I was expecting to see some kind of hand made POS that sorta looked like an AR and probably didn't work.

But april fools jokes work too :)

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Thanks my heart stopped for a second. Here we are hanging on tooth and nail for rulings and you pop this one on us.

My brother died on April fools at 1am. We got the call and said April fools your kidding right? They weren’t kidding this was 20 years ago. The worst phone call we ever got.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good thing you posted April Fool's Day as I was about to post some unflattering comments that would have gotten me banned! Good one!

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
20yrs ago, to the day, the CEO of my then-employer sent a company-wide e-mail. It advised us that, due to market forces, we were all taking a big pay-cut. Having just moved my family far from extended family and friends, and now with a 3mo-old baby son, I was boiling with betrayal and rage. Only 7mos previously, the company's recruiters had spared no effort on convincing me to accept their offer and the move. The main factor: a raise that amounted to about 5/8 of the announced cut.
} -_;

A few responses down on the e-mail thread, my protege/under-study replied:

- Great! That means I can do only 5/8 of the work!

That! is when I caught on it was an April Fool's "joke". Then, 19days later the house we'd built and moved away from, finally sold. Later that morning my boss walked into a conference-room, saw me, looked away, and said:

- This is an awful day to be a manager here.

?!? Two days later that message was decrypted when 3/8 of our workforce was laid-off. It was not a pay cut; yet still a payroll cut.

Reactions: Butthead

·
Premium Member
9,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good thing you posted April Fool's Day as I was about to post some unflattering comments that would have gotten me banned! Good one!
I know! I felt the "scorn" coming so I quickly posted an April Fool image. I was going to post that later in the thread though.

·
Administrator
73,850 Posts
If we don't keep fighting for our rights one day we will be forced to give up our ARs for a gift card, and it won't be an April Fool's joke.

·
Premium Member
9,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
20yrs ago, to the day, the CEO of my then-employer sent a company-wide e-mail. It advised us that, due to market forces, we were all taking a big pay-cut. Having just moved my family far from extended family and friends, and now with a 3mo-old baby son, I was boiling with betrayal and rage. Only 7mos previously, the company's recruiters had spared no effort on convincing me to accept their offer and the move. The main factor: a raise that amounted to about 5/8 of the announced cut.
} -_;

A few responses down on the e-mail thread, my protege/under-study replied:

- Great! That means I can do only 5/8 of the work!

That! is when I caught on it was an April Fool's "joke". Then, 19days later the house we'd built and moved away from, finally sold. Later that morning my boss walked into a conference-room, saw me, looked away, and said:

- This is an awful day to be a manager here.

?!? Two days later that message was decrypted when 3/8 of our workforce was laid-off. It was not a pay cut; yet still a payroll cut.
You know, I've been through something like that, but it wasn't on an April Fools day. I got hired by a company in Indiana, when I had a good job in Miami at a bio-medical engineering company for a bit more money, and a lower cost of living in Indianapolis. I wasn't aware the bad shape they were in. In 5 months they got bought out by a company in Detroit that decided to move everyone to Detroit, if you didn't want to go to Detroit you got fired. I ended up finding a job in Philly. I sort of went from the frying pan into the fire.

·
Premium Member
9,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If we don't keep fighting for our rights one day we will be forced to give up our ARs for a gift card, and it won't be an April Fool's joke.
True. What turns out to be humorous to us is completely incomprehensible to the gun grabbers.

·
Registered
830 Posts
good one, i was like ***.. if you was to do a silly thing like that, get $150 worth of toilet paper and trade it for bullits when the next shortage hits.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts