1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is no comparison to a more expensive gun other than if they are both pointed at a bad guy and the trigger is pulled they will both do the exact same job just as reliably. The win is after the fact when the law comes and blames you for protecting (insert protected here). Then they take away the $130-$180 gun or they take away the $3,000 gun. If and when you ever them back, and depending on condition when you get it back, is it still just bragging rights? Is it still one is 'better' than the other if they are both just reliable? The logic stands. Once a Hipoint is made reliable they are reliable, torture tests notwithstanding. I'll never say there is comparison by price point. Not a reality.

Most Hipoint haters have never given them the time of day to come to their own conclusions however at least not without bias going into the deal. It's a fact, what's known about them is mostly internet folly. It's parroting what so and so said and he reviews guns type of thing.

I view a lot of those gun reviews myself. For example : Hickock45 and Demolition Ranch reviews. Good reviews or bad they go into reviews with at least some bias; they always expect a gun to work right out of the box. No harm in that, they should. But many high quality guns don't work right out of the box either without a 1000 round break-in period. Why is Hipoint never given the same respect? (In all honesty I prefer Hickock45 reviews because he uses more rational thinking).

The idea of disliking a firearm because it has the unwarranted reputation of being the gun of choice of criminals...well, that's likely flawed too. Hipoints have been used in a few bad situations but the overwhelming weapon of choice is the Glock from what I understand, another ugly yet reliable weapon. I'd like to see a reliable study that shows with proof that Hipoints are involved in more crimes.

Basically what I'm saying is that everyone is free to like or dislike whatever they want. But to do so on the hearsay of others and not having first hand knowledge is just being a parrot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Manatee county Florida used to do buy backs on Mothers day.. gift cards for Walmart....50 from long guns and 100 for handguns.. gave them a Raven and a Davis one time.. went to Walmart and bought more ammo...This was back when 100rd white box was $8.00... sure miss those days..

·
Premium Member
4,367 Posts
deleted

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've scattered all my 100% waterproof, camouflaged, indestructible, completely fearsome arsenal of quite literally loathsome by some, machines of utter destruction with a frail flip of a trigger capable of engineering the annihilation of entire cities with one magazine, style of firearms out into the oceans depths where they can never jump up autonomously and commit heinous crimes like the grandmothers and emasculated masses of the insane think they can.

·
Premium Member
4,367 Posts
I've scattered all my 100% waterproof, camouflaged, indestructible, completely fearsome arsenal of quite literally loathsome by some, machines of utter destruction with a frail flip of a trigger capable of engineering the annihilation of entire cities with one magazine, style of firearms out into the oceans depths where they can never jump up autonomously and commit heinous crimes like the grandmothers and emasculated masses of the insane think they can.
You wrote all that from only 15 grades of school? Nice.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My best subject was BS. I found the instructors/professors couldn't tell the difference. That made it easy to pass each class with a high grade. And I only completed grade 15 two years ago. So there's that too. I'm not too out of practice.

·
Premium Member
8,979 Posts
Hi-Point vs Anything over 750 = ? The “anything” offers the following.
Pride in ownership, resale, longevity, accuracy, pleasure to shoot, no embarrassment, no rattles, smells good, looks good, feels good.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi-Point vs Anything over 750 = ? The “anything” offers the following.
Pride in ownership, resale, longevity, accuracy, pleasure to shoot, no embarrassment, no rattles, smells good, looks good, feels good.
I will agree to disagree with you for this reason- A Lamborghini will get me from point A to point B here in the USA the same as my 2004 Expedition, the difference is the Lambo can't be used to it's fullest potential here in the USA so why waste the money? That answer is simple - EGO. Folks that can afford one will put those that can't afford one down. To each his own. A Hipoint will push a bullet out for each pull of the trigger every time. No ego.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In Chicago we had a trade-in this week.

Some “community organizers” teemed up with some “local revrunds“ and were offering $30 gift cards for “high capacity clips”.

One fellow bought all of our ratty $5 USGI m16 mags and also took the cardboard box on his way out the door.

Reactions: PBDriver

·
Registered
670 Posts
In Chicago we had a trade-in this week.

Some “community organizers” teemed up with some “local revrunds“ and were offering $30 gift cards for “high capacity clips”.

One fellow bought all of our ratty $5 USGI m16 mags and also took the cardboard box on his way out the door.
Considering that a magazine repair kit cost $12 bucks I'd have gone to extreme lengths to buy as many as I could ND turn em in for a tiny profit.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,367 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,979 Posts
Not at all!
We have identified them and just continue stringing them along.
Every now and then their skirt flies up.

·
Premium Member
4,367 Posts
41 - 60 of 67 Posts