1911Forum banner

I Traded Just Because.....

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  DHart 
#1 · (Edited)
I couldn't help myself, I love Colt.

I recently traded a Kimber Gold Match (Series 1) that I purchased used for a new Colt Stainless Gold Cup. There was nothing wrong with the Kimber, it just didn't make my pants dance. After sitting in my safe for 2 yrs, I traded it + $50.00 for the new Stainless Gold Cup. Now I'm a happy camper even though I may have lost some money on the deal.

I write this because logic told me to keep the Kimber, but when it comes to guns I'm not always logical. Also I don't want my wife to get the idea tha I have too many guns just laying around taking up space. I failed terribly when I tried to draw a comparison between having a lot of guns and having many pairs of high heeled shoes :confused: Anyway I love Colts!

#3 ·
I had a Wilson CQB Compact and it bugged the heck out of me that it wasn't a Colt. A few months later I found a like new Wilson SDS built on an enhanced Colt Officers and i traded it for it. Now, all is right with the world.:D

#4 ·
If it's not a Colt, it's just a copy!

Some months ago, during a sudden fit of stupidity, I decided to put my Colt Combat Elite on consignment (for $500) at my local gunstore to fund a Kimber TLE purchase. After 4 days, sanity came back to me, and I pulled it out of consignment. I paid $30 to take it off consignment (Ouch! :mad: ). Good thing nobody bought it! I promise I'll never do that to her again. :( :(
I love Colt's (the gun that is :D ).

P.S.
I did sought opinions from forum members on this board. Once again, Thanks folks! :) :)

#5 ·
I sold a standard Kimber Custom (series I) with some drop in enhancements at a loss, just to buy a second NRM blued Gov't 1991. The Kimber worked fine. I just decided that in 20 years from now the Colt would be a more desirable collection piece, even though it's a basic model, and has been fired. Plus I sold the Kimber to my Dad, so I'm not worried about losing it forever. I'm just so happy that Colt is making guns worth buying, and I love the stock mil-spec style 1911A1. Just had to have them, the Kimber wasn't important anymore...

#9 ·
Ironically, I did trade my old Gold Cup (series 80 enhanced nat'l match) for a Colt AR 15 A3. I did that the same month I bought my first Kimber

#11 ·
In summer of 2002 I bought a Kimber Eclipse Series II (I have three Ser 1 Kimbers that I'm keeping). Anyway, I loved the look of the Eclipse and it functioned beautifully (what little I shot it.) But it didn't take long for me to decide that having another Colt in the stable would be a lot nicer than a Kimber Series II. Traded that Kimber in a flash for another Colt - though I'm not sure which Colt of mine it was. No doubt, there is something VERY special about Colts and I too am really happy that Colt is making great guns these days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.