1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In early May, 2000, I ordered a Protector-stainless through my Kali dealer. Wilson says its almost ready. I guess I just have to wait. It's been 26 weeks.I'm concerened about the new laws going in effect Jan 1, 2001. Is this abnormal? I don't want to be pushey.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hmmm, I ordered a Stainless Protector in June and if they lead time is still correct , It should be here in late Dec. maybe early Jan. I have not heard anything from Wilson. Do they let you know when it is about ready or did you call them? I can wait either!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

------------------
Help me buy another gun, buy a Ford!

UAW-NRA

·
Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
Deliverer and Ford

I have a bunch on order and it is a 6 to 7 month lead time. The guns listed "due in" on my website were all ordered in the late first quarter and early second quarter of the year.

Call them if you have a question on the order.

1 800 955 4856.

Its toll free and only costs time.

Be safe and keep the brass flying.

Terry Peters
http://www.pt-partners.com

p.s. One possible reason for the delay is you went through some one. Add the time it took for your middleman (local FFL dealer) to get the order in.

[This message has been edited by PT-Partners (edited 11-21-2000).]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it!!! Sort of. I have to wait 11 days to clear the Kali DOJ waiting period. But it looks hot, siting at the dealer, it looked lonely. This is my first 1911. I'm impressed. I took the video home provided by Wilson, circa 1993, on how to lubricate and diassemble the pistol. Although it does not seem complicated, it is more involved then my Glock or my HK.
My Kali dealer said "Frank" said that my pistol was the last all stainless they would build.I hope that's not true for the rest of you guys.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The last all stainless?????? Hmmm, Don't know how much you trust your gun dealer but I would have to hear that from a source that I really really trust. Hope its not true. Since my SS protector should be here in a couple months.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's actually the last stainless for Kali, as Wilson won't be submitting any to the DOJ to be sold next year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my Protector. What a gun! It's so accurate. Shot 300 rounds..so sweet.
I noticed on the trigger face on the weak side, a little pattern of dull gray discoloration. It appeared to be caused by pulling the trigger to fire. This is how the gun arrived. Should I not be concerned over this cosmetic imperfection? What do you think, suggest. Anyway to "shine " it up?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have the same thing on my trigger. I think mine came that way too. I would not be concerned - it is a tool and should show marks of wear.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I know the feeling, I get the same way about my guns sometimes too. Then I remember it is a fighting tool and should look like one. Just my $0.02. Better to spend the money to send it back on brass....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Long Wait Time

Ordered my S/S Supergrade back in early 01/11. Still waiting..... 10 months and counting. Not complaining. All good things are worth waiting for.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Holy thread revivals Batman! 10 year old thread brought nack from the dead, but at least someone used the search tool.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
With Halloween aproaching, this was absolutely perfect...Ladies and gentlemen..FEAR THE NECROPOST!!!!!!:mummy::mummy::mummy:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
this is the oldest post I've ever seen bumped on any forum in my entire life..

congrats, DRK.

:mummy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts