1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to build a really nice fusion kit , bob tail. I am good with guns , and have worked a quite a few with great success. Is it possible for me to build a really nice piece. I want a gun that feels like glass when you rack it back and has no play. I want the trigger to feel like a great trigger job was perfomed on the gun. I want the gun to be very accurate. I do not have a lot of gunsmithing tools. I do have a lot of jewelers tools , since that is what I do. I love working on guns and like a challenge. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
426 Posts
E-mail bob. He will tell you everything you need (and it isn't much). You will really like the correspondence with him.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Billy Kid,

If you've done any kind of smithing and have knowledge of how a 1911 works, and have competent skills with hand tools such as files, stones, etc, you can handle one of our kits. We do most of the handfitting for you such as the slide to frame fit and the barrel to slide fit. After that it's fitting the sear/disconnector, hammer, safeties, tuning the extractor, etc.

If you run into troubles you can call or PM us. No problem.

Hope this helps!!

Dale.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hey Billy,

I'm in with you on this one.

After I spent 27 years as a LEO, I did 5 years in a gunshop - mostly high-end trap guns, But do have a fairly good knowledge of how to fit a gun. And more time on a programable drill press & metal lathe than I can remember - mostly making small parts from forged steel and aluminum.

Maybe if we go in together we can get Bob to give us a really sweeeeet deal!!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Billy,

I'm in with you on this one.

After I spent 27 years as a LEO, I did 5 years in a gunshop - mostly high-end trap guns, But do have a fairly good knowledge of how to fit a gun. And more time on a programable drill press & metal lathe than I can remember - mostly making small parts from forged steel and aluminum.

Maybe if we go in together we can get Bob to give us a really sweeeeet deal!!!

Sounds good, I am not sure about my abilities to make the type of gun I actually would really like . I want a lot of gun for the buck, and I am not sure that I can get that with Fusion. I am still waiting for a quote.I also need to find out more about where the parts are built, and how. I guess I ask to many questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts