1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have been encouraged by many to start a YouTube channel in my family/friend circle. I haven't even had a smart phone for more than 6 months, so I'm having to learn a lot about tech stuff and editing. What an undertaking!
This series is largely dedicated to shooting and handloading cast bullets. My first series is a series of 9 videos that discuss bullet path and all the little things that the bullet encounters during its trip out of the muzzle. Some of the events that occur can be problematic for cast, so I address those things.
The vast majority of this series is based on the use of a revolver. The reason is because of the many quirks that revolvers present to the cast bullet shooter. I've found that our traditional auto loaders and rifles are less complex in this regard.
Feel free to watch. Constructive critisizm is appreciated... I'm new to this sort of information delivery platform, so I still have some fine tuning to do.
Here is a link to my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCduaK7oZnpsas-AnnXpd6DQ
Here is a link to my playlist of the first 9 videos

Thank you for watching... Thank you Retired Rod and staff for allowing me to make this post. And all, it be acceptable in your sight, Like and Subscribe.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
It's a great idea, it's a wonderful way for anyone with skills and knowledge to share it

Reactions: Slow bullet guy

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: rwilky78

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Nice going SBG
I got a YT channel too with a bunch of random stuff, from stupid drivers to shooting matches to videos of me 60 years ago. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice going SBG
I got a YT channel too with a bunch of random stuff, from stupid drivers to shooting matches to videos of me 60 years ago. LOL
Cool! I may incorporate my Belgium Malinios operating my ceiling fan one day lol. I've got 2 other videos that will be out soon to show the results of my forcing cone work after a range session and one on the GP100 44spl revolver itself. Thanks Oldfut!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Cool! I may incorporate my Belgium Malinios operating my ceiling fan one day lol. I've got 2 other videos that will be out soon to show the results of my forcing cone work after a range session and one on the GP100 44spl revolver itself. Thanks Oldfut!
==========
Variety is the spice of life.
I think I got a video of my dog doing tricks on that channel.
I got 3 channels so sometimes I forget what is where.
Show your doggy!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great videos. Taking your time to explain and demonstrate. I'm learning a lot.
Thank you! Feel free to like and subscribe. Shoot a comment in the comment section! I've got more coming up, but I'm tiling a floor and replacing a sink... Hoping to ring some steel in a coming video soon!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Folks! I'm back with a new video. We can have problems with cast bullets if we do not understand the case sizing operation. In this video I show how a bullet can be swaged down with incorrect sizing in relation to our cast bullet selection. Please Like, Subscribe and leave a comment in the comment section. Thanks folks!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For those of you who watched my videos on the forcing cone in relation to cast bullets, I finally uploaded a video depicting the results I got from the polish work. I'm happy as can be! Enjoy, Like, Subscribe and leave me a comment in the comment section!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Howdy Folks! Here is a short video that goes into detail about why some leading will almost always occur at the forcing cone. Take a look and enjoy!

Since I've used a GP100 in 44spl for the "Bullet Path" series, I felt it appropiate to give an informal review

Most of us who use the M1911 understand that there is more to life than high round capacity. Here are a few thoughts on why sometimes less is more!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Expanding and Flaring case mouths! What kind of die actually does what? What is the difference between expanding a case and flaring the case? As a cast bullet handloader, we demand a bit more from our dies than we did when we loaded jacketed bullets. These next two videos help break down the differences between dies why one may be more desireable than another. Ultimatly, we must select the right tool for the job! Enjoy, Like, Subscribe and leave me a comment in the comment section!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Howdy folks! I had to take a short break from my videos because life just gets busy sometimes! But I'm back and I've got a new video for you. There is a lot of talk about "seating and crimping bullets in one step". There are a lot of people who are against it, but I've found some value to this. I'll explain how this works and how to set up your dies so that you can try this for yourself. Thanks folks! Like, Subscribe and Leave me a comment in the comment section of the video!

Reactions: Pedro 1

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Howdy folks! I've got something a bit different today. I'm showing how to use various expander dies in addition to your charging station on a 4 station press while maintaining the 4th position as a final position. This is a bit unorthadox but it does have its uses when we require special expander dies for our cast bullets. I hope you enjoy, Like, Subscribe and leave me a comment in the comment section!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
(REVISION) The above is the same video which was posted on 2Aug2021. I have changed the title and thumbnail. As a new creator I've had a little trouble dialing in a few details in an accurate way. I am currently working on getting better thumbnails for presentation. Other than that, this is the exact same video. Thanks for all your support! God Bless You!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Folks, here is my latest video. It is the first of a 2 part series about the Lee Factory Crimp die for handguns. In this first video I evaluate how well this die does the job that Mr. Lee said it would do. In the next video (which is still in process) I will show how this die affects us as cast bullet shooters. Like, Subscribe and leave me a comment in the comment section!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts