1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much reading in this forum, I had decided I was going to sell my Glock 30 and purchase a XD in 357 SIG.

At the dealers, while I was going over a XD, there was this Springfield 1911 A-1 in SS giving me a siren call.

I walked out with the 1911 :)

I have owned a CZ-75B and found the 1911 to have a similar "feel" yet somehow more appealing. I took it home, cleaned and lubed it then went to the range. Turns out its everything I expected :) Tore the center out of a standard target in the 9 and 10 rings at 25 feet out of the box.

Actually you guys put the thought into my head from reading your advice and experiences. I just fought the urge until I heard the siren call of the SS 1911 A-1.

The Glock 30 was excellent in my hands, however I never did get used to the DAO.

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well it looks to me you still have to get that XD :D ...Ive got one in 357sig and its great...also own a Springfield WW2 1911. YOU have to have both :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I now have shot ~450 rounds through the Springer without any jams etc. However, the white dot in the front sight seems to have disappeared. Any suggestions?

My accuracy with this pistol is tighter and more consistent than I was able to achieve with my Glock 30. The felt recoil on my Glock was less on the other hand.

I'm happy :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
The white dot on my Colt XSE came off about the 4th round I fired out of it. I knew it would happen because I had read a few reports of it happening to other Colt oweners. Just get some white sight paint, about $2.50-$3.00 and clean the area of oil and put the new white dot back on. It worked for me. Ive been applying the white sight paint to all my wepons(AKs, Springfield WW2 mil-spec and so on).

·
Registered
35 Posts
The white dot...

If it is like mine, the white dot is still there - it's just underneath power residue and whatever else gets all over the muzzle when shooting. Mine disappeared too, but a little Hoppe's #9 and a Q-tip brought it back lickety-split.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

I used the toothpick & white paint and replaced the missing white dot. Hopefully this will last for more than 200 rounds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts