1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is buying me the Lee Anniversary Kit for Christmas. I know, I know, everyone always says......Dillon! But, for cost and value to enter an endeavor I may or may not like, this seemed the way to go for me. I've read 2 reloading books so far...1) The ABC's of Reloading and 2) Modern Reloading. I'm looking forward to accquiring many loading manuals and and "working up" loads for each of my guns. For now, the single stage press(read.....cheap) serves best since I'm not sure(but am pretty certain) I'll enjoy reloading. If and when(read probably) I decide to upgrade, Dillon will be my choice, but for now, low cost is the name of the game. Now all I need is a bench/desk and components. Hopefully I'll love it and you'll be seeing me more in this forum. Thanks for reading.

Bill

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Good for you - I predict you'll love it. Nothing wrong starting out the way you are, the only reason I was able to buy a full-blown Dillon set-up was we had money from a house sale. It was now or never so I got the stuff.

Sears has a good bench, it's what I use. Or build it yourself since it doesn't have to be fancy! Lots of possiilities! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Valkman said:
Sears has a good bench, it's what I use. Or build it yourself since it doesn't have to be fancy! Lots of possiilities! :)
model info or link to said bench would be wonderful;)

·
Registered
841 Posts
I did the same thing....because I was/am cheap. I bought the Lee Challenger Kit. It served me well for the time I had it. The aluminum frame started to wear where the press ram went thru it, but it still worked ok. It was slow, but it did the job. It took a while to load up 500 rounds of 45 acp.

I eventually broke down and got a Square Deal B, then returned it after deciding I had a bunch of dies already and didn't want to have to rebuy all the special sized SDB ones, for the 550B. I have since added a few 650s to the collection thru wheeling and dealing for used stuff locally.

I had the Challenger press sitting around for a few years till I discovered a friend at work who was interested in reloading. I gave him the press and some dies to get him started. He was thrilled.

·
Registered
333 Posts
thats the best way to start, i got the kit to and i like reloading so i have a tmag 2 turrent press and im looking into a dillon next lol

the c press is a great start and the kit has everything you need.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Started out with the Anaversery kit here as well. Served me for a couple of years for .45 realoding and still do all my Rifle reloading on it. Great way to start and make sure your going to enjoy it. And I think you will.

Stacey

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Valkman said:
The kink below is...

cool, so you're into the freaky stuff too?! SWEET!!

sorry, couldn't help myself. thanks for the info/LINK lol!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts