1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....because all I want to do is take it home. Was at the Post Falls Cabela's today and played around with a couple of Special Forces Carry's. What a beautifully made pistol! Fit and finish were perfect. I've got a WC CQB on order, but that is LONG way away from delivery. I've also got an 5" SF and WC X-Tac coming in my local LGS to pick one.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Rule #1 never pick one up, unless you are planning on buying it. Otherwise your credit card will be taken over by an out of body experience.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, JumpMarine, now I don't feel so bad about myself; but you're still not quite as sick as me. Last Jan. I bought an EB SF; since then I sot infected by two WCs, another EB and three LBs. A couple of Colt's snuck in the house as well. I've got it bad, but at least I admit I've got a problem.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
All our very nice guns. I have 1 Wilson, 1 Brown, and 1 Baer. I don't regret buying any of them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's exactly what happened to me. Except the wife was with me. She saw me drooling all over a Kobra & said, "Happy anniversary sweetheart it's yours.".

Be warned though. 1911's (and especially Ed Browns) multiply like rabbits.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jump, I see you are in eastern Washington. If you ever make it to the south end of the Willamette Valley give me a shout. Perhaps we can get together and I'll let you send a few down range out of my Kobra and Kobra Carry. But I bet you already know how they shoot.

·
Registered
575 Posts
All our very nice guns. I have 1 Wilson, 1 Brown, and 1 Baer. I don't regret buying any of them.
"1 Bourbon, 1 Scotch and 1 Baer" - George Thorogood (paraphrased)

I fondled a sweet SF yesterday at the LGS when I was in to pick up a new Executive Target. I'll be bringing a buddy over there ... it will be interesting to see if he becomes infected with our contagious disease...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well, JumpMarine, now I don't feel so bad about myself; but you're still not quite as sick as me. Last Jan. I bought an EB SF; since then I sot infected by two WCs, another EB and three LBs. A couple of Colt's snuck in the house as well. I've got it bad, but at least I admit I've got a problem.
Hello my name is CPO 15 and I'm a high end 1911 addict.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hello my name is CPO 15 and I'm a high end 1911 addict.
"The first step in acquiring a cure is admitting you have a problem." - AA-12 Step Program

Question is, do we really need/want to be cured?

I can see this post taking a turn to the philosophical...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Wow, I'm gonna start hanging out here, you guys make me feel better about myself already, LOL! Please don't take that wrong, I've had it bad for a long time, just always told myself "my worked_______ shoots goo as _____". Then it happened and suddenly all my stuff, which is very nice, American made stuff, just doesn't scratch the itch so well. Know what I mean.
Love to join you, simple matter of being in the right place. Soon, very soon.
Best,

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have four Browns and three Wilson's. All fine guns. My Wilson guns tend to be their special varieties, like a Tactical Elite in 10mm. For a 45 ACP in a standard bushing 1911, I go with Brown for the same quality, lower price, and shorter wait times.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
I always enjoy the posts that read, "I'd NEVER buy a $2000 1911!!!!"

Always by a occasional, or new, or very old shooter.

You start shooting Baer, Brown, Nighthawk, Wilson.. Its hard to go back to shooting from the cheap seats.
I have a couple of really good, proven, inexpensive 1911's. But I'm going to always have a couple of the good ones. They spoiled me.
And now, when I'm looking, I'm looking for the good stuff.
BTW
IMO anyone can afford even the expensive 1911's. Work side job. Don't put that "lift" on the truck. The smaller TV works fine. Trade crap in the garage and attic. Paint a house.
Spend differently. Be more 'Dutch', and less Hollywood.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts