1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to see an honest comparison between the FNP-45, DA/SA, Glock 21, Para-Ordnance PXT LDA Light Rail, Springfield Armory XD 45acp, and Smith & Wesson M&P45. What do you think, who would be the winner in a defense contract? Regards, Richard :D

FNP-45, DA/SA:

Glock 21:

Para- Ordnance PXT LDA Light Rail:

Springfield Armory XD 45acp:

Smith & Wesson M&P45

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well unless you have huge hands then gripping the Glock 21 or the Para feel a lot like gripping a 2x4. I've have medium-small hands for a man and I've looked at both with plans to buy and slipped my wallet safely back in my pocket both times. They just do not fit my hands well.

I'm not a fan of DA/SA so any pistol so equipped is out. The XD is a seriously fine service pistol but I strongly dislike how high the barrel rides in relation to the grip. I'm also not a fan of the butt ugly looks, but they function very well.

I am a fan of the M&P. Service pistol perfection!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sholling, God blessed me with only two large things. What are they? My waist and my hands. Shooting the Glock, Para, or XD are not a problem for me. I have never held the other candidates in this query. Regards, Richard:dope:

·
Banned
15 Posts
To do your comparison you'd actually have to have a FNP-45 in hand, and so far the production model of that weapon is mere myth, as is the FNP-357 that's also being advertised in gun mags.

·
Registered
15,317 Posts
honestly?

and the winner is.................the new Ruger 9x19.
Or maybe, just maybe, the S&W M&P 9x19.
Maybe.

But it won't be a big-handled gun, 'cause those don't fit enough hands......

Lawyers will win.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Don't forget the HK.

·
Registered
15,317 Posts
actually, forget the H&K

and any other pricey gun, 'cause the NEXT one WILL BE cheaper to buy than the Beretta.....

(and it WILL BE made in America, and it WILL BE sized for small hands, too...)
mebbe, ay?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would think FN would have an edge since they already are making weapons for the military. And it looks good which is always a big plus.

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
I like both the M&P and the XD. I have relatively large hands, but I like the smallest grip/backstrap in my M&P .40S&W. The .45ACP wasn't out when I bought mine (during the 2006 SHOT show after handling one and finding out they were available without the lock).

Robert

1 - 9 of 9 Posts