1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just picked up a Colt "Night Government" the other day. It is a full size government model, black in color with factory night sites. The serial number is NTG2XX (last two digits omitted). We do not have a clue as to it's history. Can anyone shed some light on this for us. It is a great looking gun and has seen little use. The only downside is that the night sites are well past their prime as far as illumination goes. He was thinking about replacing the sights but doesn't want to destroy the collectability aspect of this gun, if there is any. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
367 Posts
I know it was a Colt custom shop gun. They made a "Night Government" and a "Night Officer" That is about all I can tell you. I believe Colt has a number you can call to get the date of manufacture for free, but for more info you would have to pay them. This place is full of 1911 nuts, so someone is bound to know more than me..:rock: :rock:

· Administrator
80,947 Posts
This place may be full of 1911 nuts, but the truth is Colt released special Custom Shop editions so fast and so often nobody could keep track of 'em all. As a matter of fact so many so-called "limited editions" of all sorts were made that few have any real collector's value.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.