1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the shoulder rig style where instead of two symetrical shoulder loops, you have only one (on the left - for RH shooter) and a strap that goes around your chest - and one strap around your neck...?

Saw this in a cop movie just recently, so I was curious.. what's the up/down side to this kind of rig?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
If you saw a strap across the chest, then it was probably a makeshift design...no holster is worn that way since it would be spotted (unless it was over a tactical outfit, like an airforce rig)...most likely they had a low budget and couldn't afford the right holster and made this makeshift one...also, they probably had no technical adviser to say, hey, that looks stupid....

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Well, there is the military shoulder holster for the 1911 and Beretta that has one loop that goes over the shoulder and one that fastens across the chest.

At one time a number of civilian style shoulder holsters had chest straps. Therefore, if the movie was set in the early '40's or earlier the holster could be correct.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Movie was Internal Affairs - not a great flick, but one of my overall favorites for a cop movie.

P7, I don't think it was makeshift. I think this is just an older style. I remember seeing NYPD officers do this in the 70's. I think it's just geared for a small, lightweight gun. Either for a .38 special or snub nose. In the movie, Andy Garcia has a Beretta 85F.

-Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts