1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone be kind enough to tell me just what type of sights this frame has been cut to accept?
I've heard Novak but the lowered, rearward end of the slide has me confused. Thanks in advance folks

·
Premium Member
11,647 Posts
Yes, that appears to be a Novak style cut. The flat behind the dovetail is standard for Novak sights.
Not saying that it is actually Novak spec as there are any number of folks who have copied the Novak style with slightly varing dimensions.

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
I’m sure BBBBill meant flat not falt.
Joe
And here I was thinking I had learned a new term for a cut! My flaut!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,989 Posts
Probably Novak Low Mount.
If old enough, it might be for a Low Mount Micro, the shape is the same but not the dimensions.

·
Premium Member
11,647 Posts
I’m sure BBBBill meant flat not falt.🧐
And here I was thinking I had learned a new term for a cut! My flaut!
Hey, have a little pity. I get dislexic after 1AM. :geek:

If old enough, it might be for a Low Mount Micro, the shape is the same but not the dimensions.
I actually started to mention that, but just din't think that it was likely as the flat looks a bit too short to my semi calibrated eyeball. The only sure way to know is to measure.

·
Registered
21,989 Posts
I have seen very few Low Micros properly installed, so as long as the dovetail is the right width, it is a (low probability) possibility. Even my Pachmayr has a bit of overhang which is not really correct.

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
More than you ever wanted to know about Novak sights and sight cuts:

Sights 101

1 - 8 of 8 Posts