1911Forum banner

Idiot assassin fails with his Bersa .32

583 11
I just watched the video of the September 2022 attempt on the Argentine Vice President's life.

At a book-signing the scumbag gets his Bersa .32 inches from her head and he pulls the trigger. You can hear the * CLICK ! * The fool had forgotten to chamber a round beforehand.

Ya gotta love it when wannabe badguys fail miserably. May this lack of effectives continue to be common in the criminal element.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Administrator
80,886 Posts
Not every nutjob who wants to kill a world leader or famous figure is knowledgeable about firearms. Look at "Squeaky" Fromme, who pointed a 1911 right at President Gerald Ford but couldn't fire it because she didn't know she was supposed to put a round in the chamber first. And then there was the wingnut who tried to murder Gabby Giffords, and after raking the crowd with gunfire tried to reload his Glock but inserted the magazine backwards, allowing others to subdue him.

It seems the idea of a cold-blooded, professional hitman-style killer is mostly the creation of Hollywood blockbuster movies. In reality they're usually just unhinged psychos who developed the urge to kill and managed to obtain a gun to do it with.

· Registered
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't buy the "staged" idea at all. I think it's VERY easy to say that it wasn't. My reasoning is very straightforward and it applies to the vast bulk of other similar alleged conspiracies:

Even the majority of nutjobs, if approached & asked to SPEND THEIR LIVES IN PRISON or be EXECUTED would refuse outright AND possibly report the offer to police.

Or you'd have to create a cult type group over an extended time, and deal with all the risks & problems associated with that.

NOPE.WAY too complicated, risky, & problematic. Not buying it.

· Registered
29,982 Posts
I don't buy the "staged" idea at all. I think it's VERY easy to say that it wasn't. My reasoning is very straightforward and it applies to the vast bulk of other similar alleged conspiracies:

Even the majority of nutjobs, if approached & asked to SPEND THEIR LIVES IN PRISON or be EXECUTED would refuse outright AND possibly report the offer to police.

Or you'd have to create a cult type group over an extended time, and deal with all the risks & problems associated with that.

NOPE.WAY too complicated, risky, & problematic. Not buying it.
I would not buy that either for a bunch of reasons.

· Registered
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya know, it would seem that every time there is a politically-related incident a heap of conspiracies are proposed. Like how all desserts all feature sugar, here's what all conspiracies feature as a necessary & delicious ingredient:

They MUST include groups of Powerful People secretly doing evil. The implication being that it's "THEM" victimizing "US" because nothing sells like the concept that the terrible rich and/or well-connected are manipulating us, the poor, but noble common man.

That's the stuff that sells. But the idea that this shooting was just the bad decision of a nut has no "sugar" in it. So something sweet has to be concocted to make it juicier. So cue the "evil agenda" schtick.

Or, If Conservative, figure out how to blame the Liberals ------------- or vice versa.

· Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Hehe. Yeah the whole let's play leader of the people thing. I suspect that after Reagan attempted murder, anyone who gets within aimed shot distance of the president during public events gets thorough colonoscopy by secret service before hand. They do need to change secret service to something else though. abbreviation is way too ominous.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts