1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met 4 Canooks birdhunting Saturday. We came in from hunting and were standing around shooting the bull. The preserve owner sold a revolver to another party while we were there. This drew some comments from the frenchies about the ease of transfering weapons "down here" and our "crime problem". Well this went over like a fart in church. The frenchies were told in no uncertin terms that they were guests here, and because they allowed themselves to be controlled like sheep does not mean we do. All in all very rude and arrrogent attitude from the Frenchies. Prehaps we are worried about the wrong border.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its funny, you hear europeans and sometimes Canadians talk about the "ugly American". In reality, it is they who have the arrogant and superior attitude. I think we need a new phrase for them, perhaps "ugly Eurotrash" would fit?

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
You shoulda just told them that our criminals are just like theirs and dont obey the laws its just that we have more criminals than they do.

Gun control laws have nothing to do with it. Its all about demographics.

·
Registered
197 Posts
France

With allies like France the US doesnt need enemies. Bravo Zulu to you for calling them on their comments.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I think I would have asked them why they bothered visiting if they were so worried about the crime rate. Then I would have invited them to go back home as soon as possible and to not let the door hit them in the....

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
maggiedog said:
The frenchies were told in no uncertin in terms that they were guests here, and because they allowed themselves to be controlled like sheep does not mean we do. All in all very rude and arrrogent attitude from the Frenchies. Prehaps we are worried about the wrong border.
"....uncertin....arrrogent....Prehaps..."

Who is the idiot?

Despite your disagreeing with them regarding politics, lets refrain from name calling. Maintain a bit of decorum here as we have Canadians and French Canadians that participate here. If you don't like that or want to ignore that aspect of how we participate in this forum, I will gladly show you the door. Just let me know.

Thanks! :)
LW

BTW...Welcome to our corner of the internet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.