1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't shoot IDPA a lot but to help out I joined the commitee to run next years IDPA events at the gun club. I have taken on part of the planning for our course of fire.

I'd like to get as much input from all here on what you consider the most challenging COFs :D or nasty or fun to shoot.

If you would like you can e-mail any discriptions and graphics you would care to send to [email protected].

All help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,054 Posts
We might be in the minority, but in three years we have yet to run a CoF from the book. Things that we try to emphasize in scenario CoFs, are retreating to cover (we try to avoid downrange movement, as this seems to be pursuing, rather than defending), shooting on the move, and engaging targets with more than two rounds. Although ATM stick-ups and carjackings can become boring, they're probably more likely than the stage we ran where you had to save the pinata from a party store hold-up.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Tell me what types of software you can read. I have lots of CoF's available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
John,
I can read most of the common file types. I can usually find most everything else somewhere or somebody has it.
Really appreciate your help!

Thanks to Norman also!

Rick I know what you mean. Personally I have a tough time with shooting while in revese.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Our club's web page has some COF's

http://www.eastontacticalops.com/stages.html

It's the last three seasons worth of stages for our two clubs.

FWIW, I haven't opened the COF book in quite a while until last month, but found 2 stages that looked fun and worthwhile. I have to admit though I changed them some; to eliminate an off the clock tac load on one, and made the other one string and also removed an on the clock tac load.

Many of the stages are dated, have too many starts, or don't follow the current rules,but there are some jewels there. I like the DEA combat courses. They are a good test of shooting skills and many of the shooters seem to be excited about shooting a "Dea course", though I must admit I"m not sure how official they really are.

Ted

·
Registered
797 Posts
I just want to know IF anyone out there has shot the EL Pres X10???

I was told If I set it up the 13 th round was for ME

But I think it would be fun!

Larry P

1 - 10 of 10 Posts