1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IDPA competitions mid Florida

Hi everyone.
I would like to enter an IDPA competition as a novice. I live in mid Florida, about an hour north of Orlando........are there any competitive events near me that are run on a regular basis which I could attend?
Do I have to be a member of a club to participate or can I just turn up on the day as an individual?
I sent my application off to join IDPA about 3 weeks ago, but have not yet received my membership details, does it usualy take this long?
Regards.

·
Super Moderator
13,665 Posts
Go to "www.idpa.com" and you can find a club near you. You can shoot one match before becoming a member. It usually takes a few weeks for the membership package to come back to you. There is no individual club membership required to shoot IDPA matches. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The Lakeland Defensive Pistol Club holds an IDPA match the third Saturday of every month north of Lakeland. Next match is this coming Saturday. You don't need to join the club, but after your first match, we do require you to join IDPA. The match is held at the Southern Exposure Trainging Range. Should be a map at www.southernexposuretraining.com. Hope to see you there at a future match. I won't be at this match due to black powder hunting in Georgia this weekend.

Steve

[This message has been edited by CitrusDude (edited 10-14-2001).]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.
My wife and I will attend the comp. at Southern Exposure this Saturday.....dont know if I will actualy participate or just observe this time around?
Does any one know of an RV camp site nearby?
Regards.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MattK......thats a great link to East Orange Shooting Sports.......I will definately be paying them a visit, looks like fun.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
FAS4. Please due come by. I work there.
Stop by Thurs nights at 7 for the practical tactical. This week's stages of fire are going to be great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts