1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I use either a Springfield "Loaded" or a Kimber Custom Classic in the CDP division. Both have had extensive reliability & accuracy work done by gunsmiths. An inexpensive yet competitive gun I would suggest is a Glock 19. In the low $400 range you can compete right out of the box in the SSP division. 9mm ammo is cheap when purchased in 1,000 lots.
Go check it out in person first. At many clubs first timers can shoot one match for free.

·
Registered
366 Posts
IMO if you are going to carry a 1911, it might as well be a full-sized one. Here in Las Vegas with the extreme summer heat I carry a titanium 2" .38 special snubbie. In the cooler months a coat easily covers my 1911 in a variety of carry positions.
Kimber or Springfield make adequate production guns. If you have the $, then go for a Wilson or Les Baer. With the $ I have put in both my Springfield & Kimber I would have been better off buying a Wilson CBQ or a Les Baer Premier II.
GET OUT THERE & SHOOT ANYTHING. BE SAFE & HAVE FUN. Your Glock will do just fine to begin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.