1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of the members of the forum shoot IDPA in Vegas ? Sometimes the schedule doesn't allow me to have Sundays off when the IPSC matches are held....IDPA is on Saturdays...but when ? Sure would like to give it a try....sent a few emails out from links off the IDPA website but have not heard anything back from anyone who is involved with the Vegas IDPA matches.
I have been shooting in Boulder City Nevada.
When this summer heat is gone the boulder matches will start again. Sure it's 115 but it's a dry heat ( which really means you dry up then ignite ! )

Be safe...be alert....be armed.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 3rd Sunday of the month the Boulder City rifle & Pistol club has a hangun match...it's not IPSC and it's not IDPA....kind of their own thing I guess.
It's like a mix of both really.
It gives me a chance to bring my wheelgun out to play.
their website is www.brpc1.org
There should be a map to the range there.

·
Registered
366 Posts
October's "match" is the classifier. They do classifiers each October & April. There may be a requirement to be an IDPA member before shooting the classifier. You should become a member of IDPA. It is only $30 per year. Or, you can come out to watch. Same time, 08:00 sign up.

·
Registered
366 Posts
John,
fyi... I just heard the pistol matches put on by the Osbornes every 3rd Sunday at the Boulder City range have been cancelled, "due to a lack of cooperation by the club at Boulder."

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Chico..otherwise I would have been heading that way there the 3rd Sunday this month. Looks like my new schedule may allow me to start getting to the IPSC & IDPA matches ...FINALLY.
I have this Para that is all dressed up with nowhere to go ! Looks like I should be able to get some trigger time in after a long dry spell.
I didnt know Front sight owned NPA!
I remember when it was affilaited with the Gun Store years ago...they had some awesone pin shoots there. I have been trying to get Johnny at Discount to start some pinshoots there again . ( I worked part time at the Pawn & Gun before discount took over.
I am assuming you shoot IPSC as well...if so do you know if Rick is still selling MolyCoat bullets ??

·
Registered
366 Posts
Every few months I do indeed see Rick haul out 30-40,000 rounds of something (probably .38 super) & distribute it from the back of his vehicle. I believe he pools orders from a group of shooters.
The most recent lease at NPA was dropped by the Lorenzos & picked up virtually at the last minute by Front Sight. Front Sight did do a beautiful job remodelling the place. I have taken some of their training classes out by Pahrump but will not use their indoor range. First of all it is $10. Most of all they have an "Our ammo only" policy. I refuse to pay $28 for a box of 50 standard hardball .45 ACP. Let the tourists or suckers play these hyper-inflation prices.
The next IPCS match is the 9th, followed by the 23rd. Sign up time 07:00 for brand new shooters, no later than 08:30 regardless.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would like to make the IPSC shoot but I will be in the other bay with the subgun match that day. I bought Lockwoods old para before he moved to AZ.
Look forward to meeting you sometime.
For awhile I shot a revolver in IPSC, then switched to a single stack and now the Para P14.The new job has kept me from having fun on Sundays for a few months.
By the way did you see the excellent article Tom wrote about Pat in the new Front Sight club mag ? Pat is truely a class act.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts