1911Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is one of the best low light matches in the US coming up in a few weeks at The Range in North Carolina. If you can make it, you'll see how it's done.

I would not give a procedural to someone who choses to shoot without a light, unless the COF demanded it. FWIW, when I want to "game" a stage I use the light as I get better hits that way. I shot a low light match with a friend of equal ability and I smoked him in the match by 50 seconds. He used the light only when he had to to ID targets and shot using the night sights. I lit everything to shoot them. When it was done, he dropped a lot more points than I did.

As far as having "equal challenge" in a low light sanctioned match and requiring them to all use the same flashlight; I believe that would be the worst thing to do. If you used say, a mag light for the stage, all those that normally use a mag light would have a leg up over those that train with a 6z. I'd rather see them use their own equipment that they have a familiarity with.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.