1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In our last IDPA match, this question arose:
In low light situation, if one has night sights and feels that he/she can shoot just as well with this equipment, should they be allowed to do so without a flashlight? In other words, scenario is worded in such a way as to "solve the problem" and is low-light (not No-light), should one be allowed to just shoot it, or should all use flashlights to make it "fair" or consistant?
Comments?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
dajarrel said:
Sniper,
The course designer determines whether you need a light or not. If it is dark enough, everyone will grab the light:D :D :D
I agree, so long as the course designer includes their intentions in their course description. The quote I posted was from the course designer. As you can see, he stated "solve the problem" not "solve the problem with a flashlight." Ya know whaddamean?

I think I was one of the shooters at that match that caused this question to arise. I had never shot with a flashlight before and on the first stage, after the first shot, my flashlight went out. The SO thought that when I shot it broke the flashlight... nope... Goober just didn't maintain pressure on the "on" button. :D In all honesty, I didn't realize I shot the stage in the dark and relied solely on my night sights. I didn't receive a procedural but I think they were contemplating one.

I wouldn't have argued a procedural because that's just not the way I am. However, for all intents and purposes, I did use a flashlight... it just wasn't on! :biglaugh: I don't see how the way I shot the stage would be any sort of gaming advantage.

Everyone has provided great suggestions. I will pass them on. Thanks!

:D

edited for an annoying spelling error. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.