1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you ever go to a gun show looking for one thing but finding another? I wanted a Benelli shotgun. I found one but the price just wasn't happenin' so I cruise around. I was glancing past a table full of (dare I say it?) Smith & Wessons when I spot this interesting little beauty right in the middle of a bunch of them long barreled N frames. It's a 610 with a 4" barrel!

Now I already shoot in three out of four divisions in IDPA, and I had wanted a 625 'til the head honchos decided to outlaw 5" revolvers, but the 610 is perfect! I already shoot 40 cal in ESP and those loads ought to purr out of the 610. I know S&W is on the black list but I couldn't help it...I BOUGHT IT...there, I've said it.

Now I need to get rigged for IDPA - speak to me all ye who wheelgun, what shall I get to wrap it in - I'm going for the "four gun"!

Mikey

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Those 610's do look sweet. I understand how you couldn't resist.

I shoot my 4" Security Six in IDPA sometimes. I just use a Don Hume JIT slide holster.

·
Registered
721 Posts
When did they rule out 5" revolvers? The latest rulebook and the IDPA web sight still shows that they are legal. Just curious because I was considering a pre agreement 625 myself, but if this is the case, I may look for a 686.

------------------
Mike,
Mike's Sport Shop
http://www.rcvideo.com/users/msmith

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The BOD decided to outlaw the 5" revos during their meetings at the 2000 Nationals. I heard they even toyed with the idea of doing away with N frames altogether but, thankfully, that didn't happen. They gave the current shooters a two year grace period. I was going for a 625 myself until I got the heads-up. If you want to shoot SSR for more than a couple of years, better find a 4"!

Mikey

·
Registered
721 Posts
Mikey,

Thanks for the info. You probably saved me some $$.

[This message has been edited by msmith (edited 03-18-2001).]

·
Registered
164 Posts
i tried several holsters for the 625(top of the line brands), IMHO i thought the blade-tech was by far the fastest! (clean draw everytime, try one of these "plastic" holsters before you buy any, you'll go with one)..... oh, and my plan is to keep the a 5" for two more IDPA seasons, then just get it rebarreled to 4", the 5" 625 is the hot setup, no doubt about that.... and it still will be with a 4" barrel installed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm using a Ky-tac for my 625. Very fast.

I'm going to keep using my 625 for now but I have thought about a 646. Anyone ever try one of those?

-Dennis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts