1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Middle Tennessee Shooters Club, http://www.midtnshooters.com/ , will host the second annual IDPA Southern Regional in Manchester, TN on Saturday, May 26, 2001. We will be offering 11 or 12 stages of challenging and fun courses of fire. Last year we had approx. 80 shooters attend. This is a one day match, awards and prizes to be given out immediately after the match. Somone will go home with a new Springfield Armory 1911 in .45ACP. Please go to our website for directions and entry form.

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".
Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

·
Super Moderator
13,608 Posts
John, I probably won't be able to make it. You'll just have to wait until the National to see my pretty face.

------------------
"If she can cook chicken, she suits me to a T."
Ray Charles

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope somebody shows up. It will just break my heart to take that Springfield home with me at the end of the day.

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".

·
Super Moderator
13,608 Posts
John,
How many people you have so far?

------------------
"If she can cook chicken, she suits me to a T."
Ray Charles

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As of yesterday we had 60, counting SO's. We are about 20 below last year. Have had calls and emails saying some will just show up saturday and sign in, but you never know.

------------------
John

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 2001 Southern Regional is in the book. We had 65 shooters attend this year. We are limited in how much space we have, so we pack as much into it as possible. We shot 11 stages, some difficult, some fun, with all of them challenging. While we may not have had as many shooters as in the past, the level of competition was much higher. Results are now posted at http://www.midtnshooters.com/ .

We are in the process of negotiating on a new place for our club. It is approx. 145 acres and will enable us to expand and offer more shooting activities. We are looking at a 300 yd rifle range and 6 bays ranging in depth from 40 yds to 100 yds. Hopefully, next year we will host the 2002 Southern Regional at our new range.

------------------
John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts