1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Springfield and it was a great shoot. The steel plates were the whole match,sink or swim. I sank. Cant hit the steel to save my butt. Oh well I guess I'll have to get a plate rack and practice.

One thing I can't understand, What the hell is Doug Koenig doing shooting ESP Sharpshooter. Whats up with that.

·
Super Moderator
13,601 Posts
Can you say SANDBAGGER?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Am I understanding this right???

Doug Koenig (KING DOUG) is a sharpshooter!?!

Thats my classification.

Another thing? Am I understanding correctly from the Triton post that he took second in ESP Sharpshooter? Or is this a typo?

Did he actually go to a local IDPA match and shoot Sharpshooter in the classifier?

The only senario I can think of is he went to one classifier and this is his second match.

This is going to be real interesting to hear about.

PARANATOR...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Surely this isn't *THE* Doug Koenig of IPSC fame.. I mean common he shot sharpshooter and placed 2nd?? Has to be another Doug Koenig right???

Rick

------------------
"I wont be wronged, I wont be insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." -- John Wayne *The Shootist*

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it was him. I looked up last years results and he also shot last year as an unclassified shooter. His score was good enough for 2nd place Master or 1st place expert and was allowed to shoot this year as a sharpshooter. Apparently you can get anyone to sign your classification card.

[This message has been edited by JoeMc (edited 03-06-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts