1911Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I threw caution into the wind and put a nice 2011 in lay away that I know nothing about. All I know is it's a Caspian 2011 with four mags, one Spring field and two caspian mags, and one Frankenmag looks to be 20+ rounds and BoMar sights and a bull barrel. IN 9MM. Any of you guys know anything about this thing? Thank you in advanced.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So today I threw caution into the wind and put a nice 2011 in lay away that I know nothing about. All I know is it's a Caspian 2011 with four mags, one Spring field and two caspian mags, and one Frankenmag looks to be 20+ rounds and BoMar sights and a bull barrel. IN 9MM. Any of you guys know anything about this thing? Thank you in advanced.
The guy had a 38 super and this one.

·
Registered
22,652 Posts
Caspian doesn't make guns, they make parts. Somebody had to do the assembly.

It isn't a 2011, the Caspian high- cap is their own design. Magazines are uncommon, I have read that Tanfglios can be used and MBX lists them the same.

Lack of a serial number is worrisome. What did the pawnbroker put on the bill of sale and 4473?

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
This appears to be an older frame. Newer ones have a squared trigger guard. Also the company's address changed from Hardwick to Wolcott many years ago.
Serial number on the newer models is on the bottom of the dust cover. Older ones might be under the grip panels.

Reactions: wicked1340

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice looking old pistol. It is one of the early guns, maybe mid 90s. If it was built correctly, should be a good shooter. I would use the mags that you have to ensure proper function before looking elsewhere. MBX are great mags, expensive, but function out of the box. Tanfoglio large frame mags can be modified to work, not a difficult task, but the time, effort, and cost isn't worth is in my mind. The early frame was known to crack around the mag release towards the trigger, thus the new frame with the square trigger guard. Different trigger?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Doesn't look bad, aside from the rather strange trigger. Hopefully you will locate the serial number so you can do the paperwork.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny thing is I'm not a competitive shooter, or even that good of a shot, but I do love the mechanics of it. To me it's the feel and finish, I work in machine shop so this is all just me being a picky perfectionist. Thought this would be a good stablemate for my Sti Benny Hill 6 inch low fat.:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
22,652 Posts
They sold remnant first type frames with a welded reinforcement after the second version came out.
Unfortunately I do not know where to say to look for it.

I think the Benny Hill is a higher class gun.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update on the Caspian. Called them last week, said they are short handed at the moment. Will call first of next week. Well damn if I didn't get a call at 10:00 am my time. Turns out my pistol is a 1992 Caspian 9mm Hi cap, and was sold to a man in very close to my town. Going to make try to contact with him, and find more info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts