1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you shoot?
In Front Sight, it was said that modular .40's dominated L10 at the FGN, and I suppose they did, since all the top shooters are Limited cross-overs, using their Limited guns. At the club level, what are shooters using in L10?
I know L10 was intended for shooters who, by law, have to put 10-rounders in their Limited guns, and I know top shooters who dabble in L10 just down-load their hi-caps, but what do the people who shoot L10 every weekend use?
In my Section, everyone is shooting single stack .45s.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Single Stack 45. From what I recall off hand...the SS45 accounts for about 90% of the guns I've seen used in L10 in the section....widebody 40's account for the other 10%

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Mostly single-stack .45.

I always thought of this Class as the "California Ban on 'Hi-cap' mags Class"

So that new shooters can join the sport without being penalized by new laws.

Anybody here who already has the now-outlawed hi-caps and is still shooting L-10, instead of Limited, is probably either sandbagging, or cherry-picking. ;)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a SVI, but I like to shoot the SS 45 because its fun.......Its also fun to see how many double stacks I beat.........

·
Registered
15,320 Posts
LOCAL (KINDA) L10

Seems to be a single-stack game with virtually ALL using (them rat-ba$tard ugly) 10-rd mags.
Oh, how aesthetically unpleasing.......

·
Registered
622 Posts
Single Stack .45

With 8 round mags too!

Because it's the only division I fit in.

There was a thread here discussing wide-body 1911s shooting minimun-major .40 loads as the best L-10 gun because of reduced recoil and faster reloads resulting from the big hole in the bottom of the grip.

Boy was I flamed when I called 'em "gamers!"

·
Registered
15,320 Posts
IMNSHO (the internet is fun, ay?)

If your 'gun' (toy?) is not sufficient in its (intended) defense role it should be in Open Division scoring Minor.

'Soft' 40, indeed..........

L8, 'cause 10-rd mags can jab your cover arm; know what I mean?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here in N. Calif I see mostly SS 45's for L-10. I know of a few that use SS 40's, but they are switching to 45 because of the reliable 10 rd mags available. I could have used a 40 SS, but instead went to a 45 for one simple reason: Bigger holes.......saved me a miss last week...if I shot a 40 it would have been a miss. In any case, I find the SS 45 to be fun, fun, fun.......

·
Registered
124 Posts
Around here L-10 is the biggest division by a comfortable margin and the same can be said for the SS 45. Occasionally, a “Glock Boy” will drift though but with so many shooters it’s REALLY hard to win and they’ll usually go back to playing in Production where the competition isn’t so fierce.

Ed

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Must be a regional thing because around here you better pack your lunch and shoot straight if you are going to beat the Glocksters in any division, lol. I have been smoked in Limited Division Master Class while shooting my STI by a guy shooting a G35. In fact, this same guy gives me a run for my money for high overall when I shoot my Open blaster.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts